- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Validates the completion report’s assessment of the program which aims to support the government of Viet Nam’s efforts to enable the development of alternative channels of market-based financial intermediation. IED overall assessment: Successful
This Learning Curves provides an overview of the evaluation on ADB’s microfinance development strategy. The study had two objectives: assess the performance of the ADB’s microfinance assistance, and build knowledge on the effectiveness of microfinance in reducing poverty based on ADB’s experiences.
Validates the completion report’s assessment of the project which aims to promote private sector investments in rural and agro-based businesses by providing credit in Viet Nam. IED overall assessment: Successful.
This issue of the Learning Curves looked into the performance of ADB's public and private sector assistance related to the development of policy, legal and regulatory framework and institutions for stock and bond markets from 1986-2006.
The special evaluation study evaluates the performance of ADB's public and private sector assistance related to the development of policy, legal and regulatory frameworks, and institutions for stock and bond markets from 1986 to 2006.
Successful Projects in the Finance Sector 2003-2006 is a condensed reference on "successful" ADB projects on finance sector as evaluated by the Independent Evaluation Department.
This issue of the Learning Curves summarizes the evaluation on the private sector development and operations to assess the degree to which PSOD is pursuing its objectives, the effectiveness and efficiency of its operations and extent of ADB's value
These case studies focused on the use of geographic and household targeting to channel funds to poor regions or deliver benefits to poor households. However, extending its use to investments projects aimed at poverty reduction does not seem appropriate because interventions need to be tailor-made based on a thorough understanding of the primary causes of poverty in the particular project areas.
This special evaluation study examines how rural poor selected strategies to rise out of poverty, how various factors influenced their selection of the strategies, how sustainable the poverty exit was, and how effective poverty reduction interventions have been.
This report evaluates the performance of the Rural Credit Project aimed to improve household income, expand rural employment, and strengthen the rural financial system in Viet Nam.