- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Validates the completion report's assessment of the project designed to improve road transport efficiency and competitiveness and develop the Viet Nam Road Administration into a modern, efficient road administrator. IED overall assessment: Successful
This issue of the Learning Curves summarizes the evaluation study on ADB's approaches to partnering and harmonization in the context of the Paris Declaration on Aid Effectiveness.
This chapter presents the results of an assessment of the value added by ADB operations. It draws on the findings of a with project and without project ("with and without") survey of ADB-financed and non-ADB-financed road and railway projects.
Successful Projects in the Finance Sector 2003-2006 is a condensed reference on "successful" ADB projects on finance sector as evaluated by the Independent Evaluation Department.
Sixteen projects in four countries (India, People's Republic of China, Philippines, and Viet Nam) were selected as case studies to assess the performance of the environmental safeguard system in practice.
This issue of the Learning Curves summarizes the evaluation on the private sector development and operations to assess the degree to which PSOD is pursuing its objectives, the effectiveness and efficiency of its operations and extent of ADB's value
Following decades of war, Viet Nam adopted a socialist political system at the time of unification in 1976. In 1986, the Government launched the Doi Moi (economic renovation) policy that permitted a role for the private sector. Initially progress was slow, but the Government launched dramatic reform measures following a famine in the northern provinces of Viet Nam in 1988.
This report assesses the country strategic focus of technical assistance (TA) based on the findings from the five country studies: Fiji Islands, India, Kyrgyz Republic, Philippines and Viet Nam.
This special evaluation study reviews trends in foreign direct investment and reviews ADB's strategic response to these developments and the results detailed in previous country, sector, and project evaluations.
Successful Projects in the Agriculture and Natural Resources Sector 2002-2004 is a condensed reference on "successful" ADB projects on the agriculture and natural resources sector as evaluated by the Independent Evaluation Department.