- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- ASEAN Infrastructure Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
This report assesses ADB’s direct equity investment in the Bank of China. This support was in response to the government’s plan to liberalize the finance sector and to support banking sector reforms in the People’s Republic of China. ADB’s direct participation would also provide an opportunity for Bank of China to undertake transparent privatization process, introduce sound corporate governance and best practices, and strengthen internal controls.
Validates the extended annual review report’s assessment of the project which aims to support the investment plan of China Gas Holdings to fund a series of new natural gas distribution infrastructure projects in municipalities across the People’s Republic of China. The Independent Evaluation Department downgrades the project’s overall assessment rating to successful.
Validates the extended annual review report’s assessment of the project which aims to support the People’s Republic of China government’s efforts to reform its financial sector within cities. The Independent Evaluation Department agrees with the project’s overall assessment rating as successful.
Validates the extended annual review report's assessment of the project which aims to establish an automated central depository system in Bangladesh. IED overall assessment: Partly successful.
The Highly Successful Projects 2005-2006 is a condensed reference on all "highly successful" ADB projects and programs evaluated by the Independent Evaluation Department.
This special evaluation study examines how rural poor selected strategies to rise out of poverty, how various factors influenced their selection of the strategies, how sustainable the poverty exit was, and how effective poverty reduction interventions have been.
This impact evaluation study assesses the impact of ADB's assistance to rural credit in Bangladesh, the Peoples Republic of China, Indonesia, Nepal, the Philippines, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
This report evaluates the performance of the Shanghai Investment and Trust Corporation (SITICO) Project aimed to help finance technology upgrading of viable enterprises and strengthen the role of the SITICO group as major source of equity financing in ...
This report assesses the effectiveness of five technical assistance grants that supported the development of financial intermediation through institutional strengthening or subsector studies in the People's Republic of China.
This report assesses a technical assistance (TA) grant aimed at strengthening institutional capabilities in policy analysis in Ministry of Finance to support the economic reform program in the People's Republic of China.