- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Validates the completion report's assessment of the project aimed at creating sustainable farm and non-farm employment in rural Bangladesh. The project also aimed to transform successful cooperatives into sustainable microfinance institutions. IED overall assessment: Partly successful.
Validates the completion report's assessment of the project aimed at minimizing the devastating impact of severe floods in Bangladesh. The project was also designed to provide capacity building and training to strengthen disaster preparedness and enhance early warning systems. IED overall assessment: Successful.
This report evaluates the performance of the Meghnaghat Power Project designed to address power shortages and improve the low rate of access to electricity in Bangladesh.
This report evaluates the performance of the Ninth Power Project aimed to improve the electric supply in Dhaka area and nearby rural areas in Bangladesh.
This report evaluates the performance of the Third Natural Gas Development Project aimed to promote sector reforms, expand the gas distribution and treatment facilities and upgrade, rehabilitate and expand the gas transmission distribution in Banglades...
On 12 November 2009, the Director General of Independent Evaluation at the Asian Development Bank received this response from the Managing Director General on behalf of Management on the Country Assistance Program Evaluation for Bangladesh.
On 11 November 2009, the Director General of Independent Evaluation at the Asian Development Bank received this response from the Managing Director General on behalf of Management on the Sector Assistance Program Evaluation for Bangladesh Energy Sector.
On 11 November 2009, the Director General of Independent Evaluation at the Asian Development Bank received this response from the Managing Director General on behalf of Management on the Evaluation of the Urban Sector and Water Supply and Sanitation in Bangladesh.
This issue of the Learning Curves summarizes the sector assistance program evaluation which aims to provide a sector-level independent assessment of ADB's assistance to the energy sector in Bangladesh.
This country assistance program evaluation is the second for Bangladesh, evaluating ADB's support for Bangladesh from 1999 to 2008, focusing on the 2005 country strategy, and covering 24 completed and 37 ongoing projects and programs.