Dutch Cooperation Fund for Promotion of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
What is the fund?
A regional TA (TA 5972-REG) on Promotion of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency and Greenhouse Gas Abatement (PREGA) is cofinanced by this fund. PREGA started in 2002 and is currently in its second phase.
What are the objectives?
The main objective of PREGA is to promote investments in renewable energy, energy efficiency and greenhouse gas abatement technologies in developing member countries that will
- increase access to energy services by the poor
- realize other strategic development objectives
- help reduce greenhouse gas emissions
What kind of activities will be financed from the fund?
- develop capacities of national policymakers, technical experts, and staff of financing institutions for promoting renewable energy, energy efficiency and greenhouse gas abatement
- support policy, regulatory, and institutional reforms, including removal of energy pricing distortions
- facilitate access to private sector financing
Who is eligible to receive the grant?
PREGA covers the 18 developing member countries:
- China, People's Republic of
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao, People's Democratic Republic
- Sri Lanka
- Viet Nam
Who supports the fund?
The Netherlands supports the fund.