ADB's capital structure provides the greatest levels of security for fixed income investors, as a result of strong governance and conservative financial management, supported by a strong balance sheet, and backed by sovereign shareholders.
ADB offers its investors highest quality investment products based on its triple-A credit ratings. Its triple-A rating is based on:
- Strong shareholder support from its 67 members (23 of which are OECD members holding 64.6% of total subscribed capital and 58.5% of total voting rights as of 31 December 2013) backed by a powerful capital structure
- High asset quality as a result of both ADB's asset quality and its preferred creditor status
- Conservative financial and risk management policies allowing for strong risk bearing capacity
- Moody's Investors Service: Aaa
- Standard & Poor's Sovereign Ratings: AAA
- Fitch: AAA