- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- ASEAN Infrastructure Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Latest News Releases
23 Jul 2014
ADB has received a US Department of Treasury award for a pioneering rail project in Afghanistan that is providing a cross-border trade link crucial to the country’s post-conflict economy.
22 Jul 2014
ADB will provide a loan of up to $50 million, supported by the Clean Technology Fund, to share risks with the private sector during the project development and exploration phase of the Rantau Dedap geothermal project in Indonesia.
22 Jul 2014
The Government of Nepal today opened the Khurkot Bridge over the Sunkoshi River, substantially enhancing connectivity between hilly regions of the country particularly Ramechhap, Dolakha, and Sindhupalchowk districts and the Terai districts.
18 Jul 2014
ADB has approved a $125 million loan to improve services and governance in pourashavas—or municipalities— across Bangladesh, making them more livable and attractive, and helping to ease population pressures in major cities.
17 Jul 2014
The Government of Kiribati, the University of the South Pacific and ADB participated in a ground-breaking ceremony today to officially mark the first step toward upgrading the USP’s Tarawa Campus, which will boost students’ access to higher education.
15 Jul 2014
ADB has approved a $300 million loan to upgrade Uzbekistan’s Takhiatash thermal power plant to meet rising electricity demand in the west of the fast-growing Central Asian country.
15 Jul 2014
ADB has approved a $300 million dual-tranche loan to help Sri Lanka scale up its use of clean energy and cut its reliance on costly petroleum oil for electricity generation.
14 Jul 2014
ADB will support watershed financing and promote inclusive and environmentally friendly development in Guizhou Province of the People’s Republic of China, under a memorandum of understanding signed at a sub-forum of the Eco-Forum Global Guiyang 2014.
8 Jul 2014
Work has begun to upgrade and rehabilitate Tatamba Wharf on the eastern end of Santa Isabel. The wharf is one of four wharves and a landing ramp to be improved under the second phase of the Domestic Maritime Support Project, which is financed by the Solomon Islands Government, ADB, Australian Government, and New Zealand Aid Programme.
7 Jul 2014
ADB will invest $228 million in energy projects in the Pacific in the next 3 years to help the region reduce its heavy reliance on fossil fuels and support more sustainable and environmentally friendly growth, according to its new Pacific Energy Update 2014.