- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Latest News Releases
5 Dec 2013
ADB has approved a $136 million grant, the largest single transaction ever provided by the institution to Tajikistan, for a project to increase supply of renewable energy to national and regional power systems.
3 Dec 2013
ADB will assist in bringing more reliable and affordable access to electricity to the island of Bali with a $224 million loan for a transmission project that will connect rural households to the grid, and help power the tourism industry.
3 Dec 2013
ADB is helping the People’s Republic of China build a first-of-its-kind, large-scale concentrated solar thermal power plant in the northwestern province of Qinghai to produce clean energy and cut carbon emissions.
28 Nov 2013
ADB is helping Mongolia modernize its payment system to fully serve rural residents and herders as well as small and medium-sized enterprises.
26 Nov 2013
ADB has approved a $159 million grant for a power transmission project to help Afghanistan overcome shortages in key areas and ultimately aid its push to become an exporter of surplus electricity to neighboring countries.
22 Nov 2013
ADB will provide a loan totaling $110 million for a 100-megawatt solar power plant in Samarkand, Uzbekistan that will promote large scale solar energy development in the country.
18 Nov 2013
ADB Deputy Director General of the Pacific Department Noriko Ogawa and Timor-Leste’s Finance Minister Emilia Pires today signed a $50 million loan to upgrade the road linking Manatuto and Natarbora, part of a national plan to create a network of reliable, safe roads to increase passenger and cargo traffic while reducing travel times.
4 Nov 2013
ADB has approved loan and grant assistance of $30 million to improve the river health and management of Nepal’s stressed Bagmati River Basin.
29 Oct 2013
ADB and Government of Samoa have signed a policy-based grant worth $14 million to help the Government in its efforts to achieve long-term fiscal stability, improve the country’s growth prospects, and reduce the vulnerability of Samoa’s economy to fiscal and climatic shocks.
29 Oct 2013
ADB will provide $200 million to help the Indian state of Uttarakhand recover from unprecedented floods and landslides that have affected close to a million people.