In the Spotlight
Protecting the people and environment from the potential adverse effects of development is the cornerstone of ADB's Safeguard Policy.
Country Safeguard Systems: Second Regional Workshop Proceedings - Towards Common Approaches and Better Results
Harmonizing safeguard systems across countries and development partners is a task that demands time and continuity. Developing countries in Asia have made significant advances in the scope and depth of their safeguard systems.
This Knowledge Showcase issue presents how the public-private-community partnership adopted by the Sustainable Natural Resource Management and Productivity Enhancement Project helps increase productivity and profits of farmers in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic.
This book assesses the adequacy of conventional compensation and resettlement assistance programs to help policy makers, project sponsors, and project executing agencies improve resettlement planning and implementation.
ADB's environmental and social safeguards are a cornerstone of its support to inclusive economic growth and environmental sustainability in Asia and Pacific. In July 2009, ADB's Board of Directors approved the new Safeguard Policy Statement (SPS) governing the environmental and social safeguards of ADB's operations. The objectives of the SPS are to avoid, or when avoidance is not possible, to minimize and mitigate adverse project impacts on the environment and affected people, and to help borrowers strengthen their safeguard systems and develop the capacity to manage environmental and social risks.
- Combined Resettlement Framework and Indigenous Peoples Planning Frameworks
- Combined Resettlement Plan and Indigenous Peoples Plans
- Environmental and Social Management System Arrangements
- Environmental and Social Monitoring Reports
- Environment and Social Compliance Audit Reports
- Environmental Assessment and Measures
- Indigenous People's Planning Documents
- Program Safeguard Systems Assessments
- Resettlement Planning Documents
- Safeguards Due Diligence Reports