- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
The draft Sourcebook focuses on the Safeguard Policy Statement (SPS) requirements pertaining to Indigenous Peoples.
The draft Sourcebook focuses on the Safeguard Policy Statement (SPS) requirements pertaining to environmental assessment and management.
This publication records the proceedings of the Country Safeguard Systems (CSS) Regional Workshop on April 2012 at the ADB headquarters.
ADB's environmental and social safeguards are a cornerstone of our support to inclusive economic growth and environmental sustainable growth.
The draft Sourcebook focuses on the Safeguard Policy Statement (SPS) requirements pertaining to involuntary resettlement. It aims to add clarity, provide further technical guidance and recommend good practice in the implementation of the SPS.
Using case studies from Cambodia, India, Malaysia, and the Philippines, nine experts examine vulnerabilities and opportunities of indigenous peoples.
The Safeguard Policy Statement describes common objectives of ADB’s safeguards, lays out policy principles, and outlines the delivery process for ADB’s safeguard policy.
The Environment Policy has been prepared to address (i) the need for environmental interventions to reduce poverty; (ii) the need to mainstream environmental considerations into economic growth and development planning; (iii) the need to maintain regional and global life support systems; (iv) the need to work in partnership with others; and (v) the need to further strengthen the processes and procedures for addressing environmental concerns in ADB's own operations.
This paper addresses policy approaches toward recognizing the circumstances of indigenous peoples and identifying measures toward satisfying their needs and aspirations.