- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
This report provides a descriptive overview of 50 payments for environmental services schemes in operation in grasslands and other grazing lands worldwide and in Mongolia.
The Gender Tip Sheets are a reference guide for staff and consultants of ADB and its developing members for conceptualizing, designing, and implementing gender inclusive projects. This issue focuses on the critical role of women in disaster risk management
This report reviews the current state of the People’s Republic of China's national policy on climate change mitigation and carbon markets.
This report assesses the potential of carbon market mechanisms in the People’s Republic of China to support the achievement of grassland policy objectives.
This publication summarizes potential technical measures in the People’s Republic of China to increase carbon sequestration and reduce the intensity of greenhouse gas emissions from grassland-based animal husbandry.
This publication discusses the causes of climate change and its impacts on livelihoods and ecosystems for herders in Mongolia.
The United Nations Climate Change Conference took place in Warsaw, Poland from 11 to 23 November 2013. It included the 19th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 19) to the United Nations (UN) Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and the 9th session of the COP serving as the Meeting of the Parties to the Kyoto Protocol (CMP 9).
Know more about the workshop, Maximizing Environmental Benefits and Climate Proofing Transport Projects, and how it allowed participants to share experiences and find ways to mainstream climate change adaptation in the design, construction and maintenance of transport projects while maximizng environmental benefits from these proceedings.
This work supports ADB's thrust towards developing guidelines for climate adaptation and climate proofing of proposed projects in the Pacific DMCs, which are extremely vulnerable to climate change, particularly sea level rise. This study mainly involved the development of economic models of cost and benefit analysis for the climate proofing of projects under different climate change scenarios, using two ADB-funded road development sector projects in the Solomon Islands and Timor-Leste as case studies.
This study identifies the effects and quantifies the costs of these adverse outcomes to the Pacific island economies, with details provided for selected key sectors including agriculture, fisheries, tourism, coral reefs, and human health.