- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
4 May 2013
Growth in Asia and the Pacific has been more robust than expected after the global crisis, and must be sustained for the region to reduce poverty and increase prosperity, ADB President Takehiko Nakao said in his first address to the ADB Board of Governors.
3 May 2012
ADB met most of its key performance targets in 2011 but outcomes from recently completed operations remained below target despite improvements over the previous year, said an ADB performance report released today.
4 Oct 2011
ADB is providing fresh support to help the Lao People's Democratic Republic build up small and medium-sized enterprises in a bid to broaden sources of growth in the national economy.
1 Sep 2011
Efforts by ADB and the Australian Agency for International Development to promote the private sector in the Pacific Islands have improved the environment for doing business and enhanced opportunities for women, says a new report by ADB.
7 Apr 2011
ADB and the Government of Japan are providing assistance to develop new livelihood opportunities and improve income in some of Nepal's poorest and most disadvantaged communities.
8 Mar 2011
ADB today renewed its commitment to gender equity on the 100th anniversary of International Women's Day.
21 Feb 2011
ADB and the Government of Japan are providing assistance of $1.95 million to Bhutan to support increased economic opportunities for women.
25 Jan 2011
ADB and Government of Japan will help Bangladesh strengthen measures aimed at ensuring rural women benefit from infrastructure projects.
4 Oct 2010
The Government of Australia has agreed to extend an untied A$1 million grant for an ADB administered fund targeted at narrowing gender gaps in Asia and the Pacific.
22 Sep 2010
ADB President Haruhiko Kuroda said today that Asia and the Pacific, home to three-fifths of humanity and two-thirds of the world's poor, represented the world's best hope for achieving the United Nations Millennium Development Goals.