- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Millennium Development Goals
ADB, the MDGs, and the Post-2015 Development Agenda
While the Millenium Development Goals (MDGs) focus primarily on social and environmental results for poverty reduction, their achievement also requires investment in economic infrastructure, productive private sector-led employment, and good governance.
ADB is committed to achieving the goals of the MDGs in partner countries through its Enhanced Poverty Reduction Strategy. ADB supports investments relevant to achieving the MDGs and supports the collection of statistics to monitor the progress made toward achieving the MDGs.
ADB's regional MDG partnership with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UN-ESCAP) enhances monitoring progress, raises awareness, helps improve policies and institutions, and develops capacities for achieving the MDGs in Asia and the Pacific. The partnership also produces annual MDG Updates and sector specific reports for the region.
Within this MDG partnership, ADB helps the Asia-Pacific region identify the best approach to integrate the three pillars of sustainable development--economic, social and environmental--as recognized in the Rio+20 outcome document "The Future We Want."
To shape the Asia Pacific view of the Post-2015 Development agenda, the ADB/ESCAP/UNDP regional partnership on the MDGs is conducting a series of regional and sub-regional consultation workshops on the Post-2015 Development Agenda and the post-Rio+20 process. These consultations solicit the views of government and nongovernment stakeholders around the region on their development priorities.
The forthcoming regional MDG report based on these consultations, The Post-2015 Development Agenda in Asia and the Pacific: Regional Perspectives, will provide (i) an overview of progress made in the Asia and the Pacific region towards achieving the MDGs, (ii) lessons learned from MDGs; and (ii) regional views on the Post-2015 Development Agenda.
The report will also highlight how regional cooperation and South-South Cooperation and collaborative support from development partners can enhance achieving an Asia/Pacific without Poverty.
- Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)
- MDG Progress Reports - Asia and the Pacific
- "The Future We Want"
- Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Event: Sub-regional Workshop on Millennium Development Goals and the Post-2015 Development Agenda for Central and East Asia
- Event: Sub-regional Workshop on Millennium Development Goals and the Post-2015 Development Agenda for the Pacific
- Event: MDG and Post-2015 Development Agenda Expert Panel Meeting
- Event: Sub-regional Workshop on Millennium Development Goals and the Post-2015 Development Agenda for Southeast Asia
- Event: Asia Pacific Regional Meeting on the Implementation of the Istanbul Program of Action and Workshop on Millennium Development Goals and the Post-2015 Development Agenda for the Pacific
- Sub-regional Workshop on Millennium Development Goals and the Post-2015 Development Agenda for South Asia
- Global launch of the the MDG 2012/13 report, "The Post 2015 Development Agenda in Asia and the Pacific: Regional Perspectives"