- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information[日本語]
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Indonesia [Bahasa Indonesia]
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
Latest News Releases
3 Apr 2014
ADB and Japan are to help Myanmar upgrade and modernize technical and vocational training programs to meet the country’s pressing need for skilled young workers.
31 Mar 2014
ADB's Board of Directors has approved a $100 million loan to help the government of Sri Lanka revamp its technical and vocational education and training which will equip youth with the required skills for the job market.
12 Feb 2014
Preparatory work has begun for a project that aims to improve the efficiency and quality of technical and vocational education and training in Tajikistan, leading to increased skilled workers with better paid jobs.
23 Jan 2014
ADB and the Government of India signed an agreement Thursday evening for a $100 million loan for Meghalaya that is aimed at enhancing the employability of the state’s youth through improvements in secondary education and vocational skills training programs.
16 Dec 2013
ADB is helping Nanning city in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, People’s Republic of China, to improve the quality of pre-school education and training programs for elderly health care services via a comprehensive vocational training system.
3 Oct 2013
As part of their global effort to promote the importance of girls education and to celebrate the International Day of the Girl on 11 October 2013, Intel, Plan International, and ADB will screen the documentary film “Girl Rising: Educate Girls, Change the World” at various community areas nationwide starting 11 October.
3 Oct 2013
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) will lend Bangladesh $500 million to help finance a major overhaul of secondary education to meet the country's need for skilled, technology-savvy workers.
1 Oct 2013
A new $100 million project funded by ADB will improve secondary education and vocational training in India’s Meghalaya state so students are better equipped to find high-quality jobs after graduation.
11 Sep 2013
Keeping girls in school and improving their access to technical and vocational training is the focus of a three-day regional seminar being hosted by ADB and Government of People's Republic of China.
21 Aug 2013
ADB's Sri Lanka Country Director, Rita O'Sullivan, and Secretary to the Treasury and Alternate Governor for Sri Lanka in ADB, P. B. Jayasundera, have signed an agreement for a $200 million loan to help the Government of Sri Lanka revamp its secondary school system to cut youth unemployment and meet the country's urgent need for a skilled workforce.