- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- Public Sector (Sovereign) Financing
- Private Sector (Nonsovereign) Financing
- Funds and Resources
- Asian Development Fund
- Investor Information
- Business Opportunities
- Consulting Services
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office [日本語]
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of [中文]
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
28 Oct 2013
Local authorities are looking for ways to make Asian cities safer for women, including lighting their streets, upgrading restrooms and training officials.
13 Sep 2013
A $50,000 pilot sanitation project in Myanmar shows that local infrastructure and services can be developed by communities and city governments in the informal settlements where they’re most needed.
19 Jul 2013
Bharatpur, one of Nepal’s fastest-growing municipalities, is taking steps to improve the urban environment, making the city more climate-resilient in the process.
26 Apr 2013
In India’s fast-growing Madhya Pradesh State, sanitation and sewerage initiatives, along with refurbishments to aging water treatment plants, are making way for urban development.
15 Apr 2013
An urban water and sewerage system project in the Indian state of Karnataka is improving people’s health and making cities like Mangalore more livable.
14 Feb 2013
Empowering women in South Asia can help address the twin issues of gender and urban poverty, say ADB's senior social development specialist Francesco Tornieri and urban development specialist Ron Slangen.
31 Jan 2013
Human and financial losses from natural disasters are rising fast in the Asia and Pacific region. While most Asian countries have disaster handling capabilities, few have adequate provisions for financing post-disaster losses and rehabilitation.
15 Aug 2012
Urban expansion in Asia presents both opportunities and challenges for the region and the world, as it can help address some environmental problems if managed well. Here are 12 things to know about green urbanization in Asia.
15 Aug 2012
By 2025, possibly 21 out of 37 of the world's megacities - cities with 10 million or more people - will be from the Asia and Pacific region. How can the region cope with this rapid urbanization while maintaining environmental sustainability?
16 Jul 2012
Waste management and housing assistance make life more livable in the townships and slums outside Bangalore, India’s information technology (IT) hub.