- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
26 Apr 2013
In India’s fast-growing Madhya Pradesh State, sanitation and sewerage initiatives, along with refurbishments to aging water treatment plants, are making way for urban development.
15 Apr 2013
An urban water and sewerage system project in the Indian state of Karnataka is improving people’s health and making cities like Mangalore more livable.
14 Feb 2013
Empowering women in South Asia can help address the twin issues of gender and urban poverty, say ADB's senior social development specialist Francesco Tornieri and urban development specialist Ron Slangen.
15 Aug 2012
Urban expansion in Asia presents both opportunities and challenges for the region and the world, as it can help address some environmental problems if managed well. Here are 12 things to know about green urbanization in Asia.
16 Jul 2012
Waste management and housing assistance make life more livable in the townships and slums outside Bangalore, India’s information technology (IT) hub.
8 Jul 2012
At the Tokyo Conference on Afghanistan, ADB reiterated its commitment to the country’s long-term development, including a $1.2 billion program funding through 2016.
15 Jun 2012
Carola Donner-Reichle, Senior Advisor at ADB’s Regional and Sustainable Development Department, speaks to ADB.org about the need to mitigate the social and economic impact of climate change.
1 May 2012
Major cities in Asia and the Pacific face threats from floods, earthquakes and tropical storms. These fast facts illustrate why we must invest in Urban Disaster Management.
24 Apr 2012
Stakeholders gather at ADB headquarters in Manila today to reconfirm their commitment to rehabilitating the capital's main waterway and to hopefully ignite a fresh round or awareness-raising.
29 Mar 2012
Asia is moving into an era of unprecedented urbanization, a change bringing prosperity and problems. Here are 12 facts and figures about the rise of the city.