- Key Facts
- Board of Governors
- Board of Directors
- Departments and Offices
- Policies and Strategies
- Annual Meetings
- Independent Evaluation
- News & Events
- Data & Research
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communication Technology
- Public Sector Management
- Social Protection
- Capacity Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Private Sector Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Social Development
- Urban Development
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA)
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)
- European Representative Office
- Japanese Representative Office
- North American Representative Office
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office
- Pacific Subregional Office
Countries with Operations
- China, People's Republic of
- Cook Islands
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Papua New Guinea
29 Sep 2009
Around 1.5 million residents in Colombo, Sri Lanka's economic and administrative center, will benefit from a large-scale wastewater management project funded by ADB.
29 Sep 2009
ADB is extending up to $300 million in financial assistance to Uzbekistan to overhaul its ageing water and sanitation systems to improve the health and hygiene of about three million people.
28 Sep 2009
Two ADB loans and one technical assistance will improve the living standards of Bangladesh's city dwellers, especially the urban poor.
23 Sep 2009
ADB will extend up to $600 million in loans to Azerbaijan for water and sanitation improvements in towns that have suffered from decades of neglect and underinvestment in infrastructure.
22 Sep 2009
The People's Republic of China's (PRC) drive to develop smaller towns and cities in a balanced, environmentally sustainable way is getting support from a $100 million ADB loan.
29 Jul 2009
ADB is providing a $30 million loan to finance infrastructure repairs and upgrades in selected urban municipalities in Georgia which have been hard hit by the global economic crisis and conflict with the Russian Federation.
28 Jul 2009
A $500,000 technical assistance grant from ADB will help the Government of Mongolia overhaul the management of its poorly maintained network of roads.
9 Jul 2009
ADB is helping select urban centers in India, Nepal, and Sri Lanka improve water management to enhance economic opportunities and reduce waterborne diseases.
26 Jun 2009
ADB is providing up to $200 million to improve infrastructure in five state capital cities of North East India, the first time it has extended large-scale assistance for urban sector development in one of the country's most underdeveloped regions.
2 May 2009
Asia and the Pacific's economies and their ability to lift people out of poverty may suffer unless urgent measures are taken to ensure better movement of people and goods, a seminar audience heard today.