Capacity Building and Training Associate (Full-Time)
SHARE THIS PAGE
|Department||Capacity Building and Training|
|Report to||Deputy Dean|
|Location||ADBI, Tokyo, Japan|
|Date Posted||9 November 2023|
|Closing Date||11 December 2023|
The Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI) is seeking a full-time CBT Associate to provide research assistance and technical support for the design, organization, and delivery of capacity building and training events, as well as the production of presentation materials, proceedings, and all publications and other documentation related to the events.
- Assisting in the organization and implementation of workshops and capacity development programs
- Communicating and coordinating with government officials and experts in ADB member countries and ADBI’s networks.
- Supporting the preparation of presentations and speeches for senior staff
- Research assistance, including literature review and quantitative methods
- Drafting research papers, policy briefs and other documents with task manager(s)
- Helping with the general administration of the department
- Master’s degree (completed) or doctoral student in a discipline related to economic and social development in Asia preferred
- Strong analytical skills on policy issues related to development and capacity building
- Good event management and organizational skills, and hard working
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in written and oral English
CBT Associates serve for limited terms as independent contractors in a personal capacity, with an initial one-year contract and a possible one-year extension based on performance. ADBI provides a base salary and leave benefits but not social insurances. CBT Associates work under the direct supervision of ADBI professional staff and the overall guidance of the Deputy Dean, ADBI.
Applicants must be nationals of an ADB member economy and already residing in Japan with valid permission to work full-time or part-time.
Applicants are invited to apply online. Please attach a resume, Personal History Form, and cover letter.
Applications should be submitted not later than Monday, 11 December 2023 at 5:00pm Tokyo time.
No telephone or e-mail submissions.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.