Part-Time Capacity Building and Training Assistant (Remote and Project-Linked)
|Department||Capacity Building and Training|
|Report to||ADBI Task Managers|
|Date Posted||28 July 2021|
|Closing Date||16 August 2021|
The Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI) is seeking a part-time capacity building and training (CBT) Assistant to support the Project: “Development Partners Roundtable and Country Policy Dialogues on Achieving City-wide Inclusive Sanitation.” The CBT Assistant will work remotely and report to ADBI task managers.
Assignment Period: August to December 2021
- Assist in organizing CBT events related to the Project, such as roundtable, policy dialogue, and capacity building activities.
- Assist in preparing Project event agendas, talking points for moderators and resource persons, event proceedings, and other support measures.
- Assist in the production of policy briefs, case studies, and working papers for the Project.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by ADBI task managers.
- Development of CBT events and materials related to the Project; and
- Inputs and assistance for publishing policy briefs, case studies, and working papers for the Project, as assigned by ADBI task managers.
- At least a master's degree in economics, public policy, or closely related areas.
- Preferably a specialization or demonstrated interest in development economics, public economics, or environmental economics.
- Familiarity with economic development topics of relevance to Asia and the Pacific.
- Strong administrative and coordination skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Confirm availability to provide at least 25 hours per week during the assignment period.
The part-time CBT Assistant will work remotely on an intermittent basis.
The CBT Assistant will serve for limited terms as independent contractors in a personal capacity. They are neither officers nor staff of ADBI. He/she will work under the direct supervision of ADBI task managers.
Applicants must be nationals of an ADB member economy. If they are currently based in Japan, they must have a valid work visa or legal eligibility to work.
Applicants are invited to apply online.
Applications should be submitted no later than Monday, 16 August 2021, 5:00 pm, Tokyo time.
No telephone or e-mail submissions.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.