|Department||Capacity Building and Training|
|Report to||Senior Capacity Building and Training Economist (in coordination with Communications Specialist)|
|Location||ADBI, Tokyo, Japan|
|Date Posted||8 April 2021|
|Closing Date||26 April 2021|
The Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI) in Tokyo is seeking an E-Learning Consultant.
- Support the growth and development of the ADBI E-Learning platform and ADBI’s broader online training initiatives focusing on the sustainable development priorities of economies in Asia and the Pacific
- Drive the production of timely and impactful ADBI E-Learning courses and programs for general learners and policy makers, respectively
- Guide course and program topic selection, design, scheduling, technical arrangements, content editing, standards compliance, promotion, and inquiry responses, in coordination with ADBI colleagues and content contributors
- Provide advice and support for strengthening the growth strategy, content, and features of the ADBI E-Learning site and new courses and programs
- Regularly track, analyze, and report ADBI E-Learning course and user data
- Liaise with ADBI on the development and promotion of other ADBI online and online-classroom hybrid training courses and programs, including those co-organized with external partners
- Identify future opportunities for e-learning and online course and program development in ADBI and advance related planning and implementation work
- Support budget decisions and payments
- Other projects as assigned by the Senior Capacity Building and Training Economist and, as appropriate, the Communications Specialist
- National of one of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) member economies
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience and a university degree; a master’s or other postgraduate degree is a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Solid writing, editing, organizational, and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong knowledge of, or interest in, (online) training, digital content design and production, video/multimedia development, and marketing
- Experience guiding successful online education, training, or distance learning initiatives preferred
- Able to manage projects, work well with a team, and reliably meet deadlines
- Knowledge of foreign affairs or economic, development, or financing agencies
- Experience overseas or in an international organization or NGO is a plus
The E-Learning Consultant will be based in Tokyo for 2 years, with the possibility of extension at ADBI's sole discretion. The first year will be probationary and contracts would be offered annually.
Consultants serve for limited terms as independent contractors in a personal capacity. They are neither officers nor staff of ADBI. Consultants will work under the direct supervision of ADBI professional staff. They are expected to reside in Japan for the period of the project or their assignment.
Applicants must be nationals of any of ADB's member economies.
Applicants are invited to apply online.
Applications should be submitted not later than Monday, 26 April 2021, 5:00 pm, Tokyo time.
No telephone or e-mail submissions.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.