Research Associate (Full-Time)
|Title||Research Associate (Full-Time)|
|Report to||Senior Research Fellow|
|Location||ADBI, Tokyo, Japan|
|Date Posted||14 January 2022|
|Closing Date||31 January 2022|
The Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI) is looking for a highly motivated full-time Research Associate with an interest in international finance and macroeconomics. Ideal candidates would have at least a master’s degree and preferably a PhD in economics, finance, or closely related areas. Strong skills in applied econometric analysis are essential.
- Assist in conducting applied economic research (using econometric analysis and other quantitative methods) on macroeconomic and financial topics
- Contribute to the drafting of research papers, including conducting literature reviews
- Compile and analyze data
- Maintain and update statistical databases
- Assist in drafting economic reports, including preparation and editing of text, tables, and figures
- Assist in organizing conferences, workshops, and other research-related activities
- At least a master's degree and preferably a PhD in economics, finance, or closely related areas
- Professional experience of econometric analysis preferred
- Familiarity with economic development topics of relevance to Asia and the Pacific
- Willingness to study competition policy and climate change and green development and/or green agriculture, aging, and digitalization in Asia
- Strong quantitative skills in econometrics and statistics, such as competence using panel econometrics and VAR techniques for empirical analysis, and familiarity with statistical packages, such as STATA, E-Views, Matlab, or R.
- At least two years of research experience (post-graduate research is applicable), including drafting publishable papers, conducting literature reviews, data compilation, and analysis
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
Applicants must be nationals of an Asian Development Bank member economy, currently residing in Japan, and already in possession of valid permission to work.
Research Associates serve for limited terms as independent contractors in a personal capacity. They are neither officers nor staff of ADBI. Research Associates work under the direct supervision of ADBI professional staff and the overall guidance of the Vice Chair of Research.
Applicants are invited to apply online. Please attach a CV, a recent research paper (if co-authored, please indicate the individual contribution to the paper), and a Personal History Form.
Applications should be submitted no later than Monday, 31 January 2022, 5:00 pm, Tokyo time.
Upon submitting, please wait for your application to load. Once completed, you will be redirected to a thank you page. Do not submit your application multiple times.
No email submissions will be accepted.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.