|Report to||Professional Staff Supervisors|
|Location||ADBI, Tokyo, Japan|
|Date Posted||5 June 2017|
|Closing Date||30 June 2017|
The Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI) is looking for highly motivated research associates (full time and part-time) with a degree in economics and an interest in empirical development work. Ideal candidates have at least an MA in Economics and preferably are enrolled in a PhD program in Japan.
- Assisting in conducting applied research (using econometric analysis and other quantitative methods)
- Drafting research papers and conducting literature searches
- Maintaining and updating databases
- Assisting in drafting of economic reports (including preparation and editing of text, tables and figures)
- Reviewing research papers for publication
- Assisting in organizing conferences, workshops and other research-related activities
- At least a master's degree, preferably a PhD degree, in economics
- Preferably a specialization or demonstrated interest in any of the following: (i) empirical trade policy analysis or development economics; (ii) fiscal policy and bond markets; (iii) fintech; (iv) ecommerce, digitalization of trade and trade finance; (v) water economics and sewage management; or (vi) mass transportation economics.
- Familiarity with economic development topics of relevance to Asia and the Pacific
- Strong quantitative skills in econometrics and statistics, including familiarity with statistical packages, such as STATA, E-views, Matlab or R. Knowledge in GIS is desirable.
- At least two years of research experience, including post-graduate research, and ability to draft publishable papers, covering literature review, data compilation and analysis
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
Applicants must be nationals of an ADB member and already be residing in Japan with valid work permission to work, fulltime/part-time.
Research associates serve for limited terms as independent contractors in a personal capacity. They are neither officers nor staff of ADBI. Research associates will work under the direct supervision of ADBI professional staff and the overall guidance of the Co-chairs of research.
Those interested are invited to submit an application, including current curriculum vitae with three referees' names and their contact details, together with the attached personal history form by the deadline of Friday, 30 June 2017, 5:00 pm, Tokyo time to:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.