|Report to||Dean; Professional Staff Supervisors|
|Location||ADBI, Tokyo, Japan|
|Date Posted||2 September 2019|
|Closing Date||20 September 2019|
The Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI) is looking for a highly motivated part-time or full-time research associate with an interest in empirical economic development work. Ideal candidates would have at least a master’s degree, preferably a PhD degree, in economics, finance or closely related areas. Strong quantitative skills in econometrics are the main requirement.
- Assisting in conducting applied research (using econometric analysis and other quantitative methods) on spillover effects of infrastructure or macroeconomic/financial analysis
- Drafting research papers and conducting literature reviews
- Maintaining and updating databases
- Assisting in drafting of economic reports (including preparation and editing of text, tables and figures)
- Reviewing research papers for publication
- Assisting in organizing conferences, workshops and other research-related activities
- At least a master's degree, preferably a PhD degree, in economics, finance or closely related areas
- Preferably a specialization or demonstrated interest in economics, econometrics, or finance
- Familiarity with economic development topics of relevance to Asia and the Pacific
- Strong quantitative skills in econometrics and statistics, including familiarity with statistical packages, such as STATA, E-views, Matlab or R. Knowledge in GIS is desirable.
- At least two years of research experience, including post-graduate research, and ability to draft publishable papers, covering literature review, data compilation and analysis
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
Applicants must be nationals of an ADB member and already be residing in Japan with valid work permission to work, fulltime/part-time.
Research associates serve for limited terms as independent contractors in a personal capacity. They are neither officers nor staff of ADBI. Research associates will work under the direct supervision of ADBI professional staff and the overall guidance of the Vice Chair of research.
Applicants are invited to:
- apply online (please attach both curriculum vitae (CV) and Personal History Form) or
- fax their cover letter and CV and Personal History Form to +81 3 3593-5571 marked Research Associate(s)
Applications should be submitted not later than Friday, 20 September 2019, 5:00 pm, Tokyo time.
No telephone or e-mail submissions are accepted.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.