ADBI-JARTS-IIT Spotlight High-Speed Rail Quality Standard Keys
Experts examined ways to set and maintain high-speed railway (HSR) quality standards during an ADBI-Japan Railway Technical Service (JARTS)-Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) learning series session on 27 July. Drawing upon Asian and European experiences, they assessed developing country challenges in enhancing HSR vehicle performance and identified approaches for ensuring reliable and safe services. They also discussed technical, managerial, and human resources skills development to support domestic HSR vehicle manufacturing. View the webinar recording in English and Japanese.
ADBI-CAREC Institute Examine Central Asia’s Sustainable Development Research Outlook
Research and policy trends and prospects for Central Asia’s post-COVID-19 sustainable development was the focus of an ADBI-Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Institute roundtable on 27 July. ADBI Dean Tetsushi Sonobe stressed the importance of greater think tank collaboration, a medium and long-term perspective, and leveraging digitalization to deliver timely evidence-based insights. Researchers went on to discuss new research on boosting investment, infrastructure development, and fiscal management in the region. View the webinar recording and presentations.
Researcher Explores Sanitation Incentives Policy Benefits
Raymond Guiteras of North Carolina State University explained how hygienic latrine subsidies could boost sanitation investment and growth in developing Asia during an ADBI-Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation webinar co-hosted with the Institute for Fiscal Studies on 16 July. He drew upon research gauging the impacts of sanitation incentives policy on hygiene, health, and social development in rural Bangladesh. He also assessed household and politicians’ responses to improvements in sanitation services and their delivery, underscoring the importance of follow-up measures to sustain their spillover benefits. View the webinar recording and presentation.
ADBI, UNESCAP Promote Post-COVID-19 Economic Resilience-SDG Alignment
Researchers assessed ways to align Asia’s post-COVID-19 economic resilience priorities with the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) during an ADBI-United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP) webinar on 15 July. ADBI’s John Beirne highlighted policy approaches for managing climate-related risks to public debt sustainability and enabling investment in climate adaptation and mitigation. Drawing upon a recent socioeconomic impact survey, UNESCAP’s Sweta Saxena spotlighted keys to facilitating resilient, sustainable, and inclusive recovery in the region. View the webinar recording and presentations.
- Rebooting food systems to achieve the unfinished agenda of global food security
- Remittance inflows giving resilience to Bangladesh’s rural economy amid COVID-19
- Kazakhstan and the Kyrgyz Republic need more than energy access to promote clean fuels
- Which financing sources matter for private investment in renewable energy in Asia?
- Unraveling the linkages between agriculture and climate change
- Social infrastructure to drive sustainable development in Asia beyond the pandemic
- Unfolding a holistic approach to disaster risk reduction
- ADBI Featured Speaker Webinar: United States Patent and Trademark Office’s Peter Fowler on IP Protection and Enforcement for Trade, Competition, and Innovation in Asia and the Pacific
- ADBI Virtual Workshop on Effective Greenhouse Gas Emission Control Policies
- ADBI-BI-APAEA Joint Workshop on Monetary Policy, Banking and Finance, and Central Banking
Labor Migration in Asia: Impacts of the COVID-19 Crisis and the Post-Pandemic Future
The COVID-19 pandemic has had an unprecedented impact on economies, businesses, and workers, and in Asia and many other regions, migrant workers have been among the most affected.
Developing Infrastructure in Central Asia: Impacts and Financing Mechanisms
Infrastructure development can give Central Asian economies an important boost for maintaining growth momentum, eradicating poverty, and addressing climate change.
- Global Solutions Summit 2021 Keynote Remarks by ADBI Dean Tetsushi Sonobe
- ADBI E-Learning Course on Climate Change and Sovereign Risk
- Labor Migration in Asia: Impacts of the COVID-19 Crisis and the Post-Pandemic Future
- Developing Infrastructure in Central Asia: Impacts and Financing Mechanisms
- Enhancing SME Participation in Global Value Chains: Determinants, Challenges, and Policy Recommendations
- Spotlight on Japan’s “Johkasou” Sanitation System: A Model for Asia
- New Zealand Commission Board Chair Assesses the Future of Infrastructure Development in Asia
- What do COVID-19 work behavior adaptations in the UK reveal about the future of public transport?
- How one of Asia’s most dirty fuel-reliant areas can transition to clean energy use
- What does the future hold for post-pandemic labor migration in Asia?
- ADBI’s Dean explains how infrastructure recoupling could deliver a more effective pandemic recovery
- A central bank governor talks strategy for harnessing financial digitalization for COVID-19 recovery