ADBI-IMF-Japan Finance Ministry Institute Build Asia’s Post-COVID-19 Fiscal Management Capacity
Post-COVID-19 fiscal policy design and digitalization in Asia were examined during the Seventh Tokyo Fiscal Forum, cohosted by ADBI, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), and Japan Finance Ministry Policy Research Institute on 22-23 June. Policy makers and experts discussed regional experiences in managing post-pandemic fiscal frameworks and recent IMF policy work. They focused on boosting the credibility of public finance and realization of the Sustainable Development Goals. They also discussed ways to leverage digitalization to improve fiscal operations and support economic recovery.
New Book Spotlights Creative Economy Revival Prospects, Development Implications
A new ADBI Press book discusses the creative economy outlook and its potential to boost small firms and vulnerable groups that drive the sector vital to sustainable development in Asia and the Pacific but hard hit by COVID-19 disruptions. Coedited by ADBI Dean Tetsushi Sonobe and Deputy Dean Seungju Baek, and other experts, Creative Economy 2030: Imagining and Delivering a Robust, Creative, Inclusive, and Sustainable Recovery provides the Group of 20 (G20) and global partners a timely roadmap for reviving the creative economy, which intersects art, culture, technology, and business. It also explains how this could open economic opportunities for more people and advance the United Nations’ 2030 Sustainable Development Goals. View the summary video
ADBI-CAREC-UNIDO Support Strategic Policy Making for Value Chain Development
Policy makers and experts from Central and Southeast Asia explored strategies to promote industrial value chain development during an online training course cohosted by ADBI, the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Institute, and United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) that concluded on 20 June. The two-week course consisted of e-learning units on value chain growth challenges and policy design. It closed with lectures by ADBI’s Shujiro Urata on the role of foreign direct investment in global value chains and the CAREC Institute’s Ghulam Samad who discussed comparative regional value chain analysis of selected CAREC corridors.
T7 Policy Brief Promotes Financing for Advancing Carbon Neutrality of Developing Economies
A new T7 policy brief by ADBI’s Dina Azhgaliyeva, Dil Rahut, and Yixin Yao, and coauthors details strategies to help the Group of Seven (G7) boost the low-carbon transition of developing counties. It encourages the G7 to leverage the Asian Development Bank Energy Transition Mechanism to facilitate the early retirement of coal power plants and adoption of green technologies. It also explains how G7 cooperation could strengthen the impact of the Green Impact Fund for Technology, which incentivizes carbon reductions and clean energy growth by waving patented green technology.
- Protecting victims of climate-induced migration and displacement in South Asia
- Unconventional monetary policy in Southeast Asia eased market turmoil during COVID-19
- How to meet Asia’s post-COVID-19 water and sanitation investment needs
- Fixing the agriculture–climate change maladaptation information gap
- Digital governance can unlock connectivity potential and transformation
- Plunging yen hit by widening interest rate differentials and rising commodity prices
No opportunities at this time. Please check again soon.
Creative Economy 2030: Imagining and Delivering a Robust, Creative, Inclusive, and Sustainable Recovery
The revival of the creative economy will be critical for ensuring an inclusive recovery that boosts small enterprises and employment for vulnerable groups in Asia’s rural and urban areas.
Labor Migration in Asia: COVID-19 Impacts, Challenges, and Policy Responses
The pandemic has impacted migrant workers and raised challenges for policy makers through declining demand, shifting travel and repatriation protocols, and expanded policy focus on the epidemiological factors of international labor mobility.
- Asian Development Bank ERCD Director Cyn-Young Park on ADBI’s 25th Anniversary
- Bruegel Director Wolff Guntram on ADBI’s 25th Anniversary
- Korea Development Institute President Jang Pyo Hong on ADBI’s 25th Anniversary
- Creative Economy 2030: Imagining and Delivering a Robust, Creative, Inclusive, and Sustainable Recovery
- Labor Migration in Asia: COVID-19 Impacts, Challenges, and Policy Responses
- Yale University Economics Professor Rohini Pande on ADBI’s 25th Anniversary
- ICRIER Chair Pramod Bhasin on ADBI’s 25th Anniversary
- Central bank governor & finance secretary-designate on sustaining the Philippines' recovery momentum
- Overturning common assumptions about the burden of population aging
- The role of developing Asia’s central banks in dealing with volatile capital outflows
- How to bridge the gap between policy research and government action to spark Asian economic recovery
- Women’s Economic Empowerment in Asia After COVID-19
- ADBI pioneer on guiding Asia’s development in the face of transformational change and new risks