Webinar Registration: BSP Governor Diokno on Financial Digitalization and Inclusive COVID-19 Recovery
Registration is open for an ADBI Featured Speaker Webinar with Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) Governor Benjamin E. Diokno, who will discuss financial digitalization and inclusive COVID-19 recovery strategy with ADBI Dean Tetsushi Sonobe and a panel of experts. Governor Diokno will describe the Philippine central bank’s roadmap for overcoming pandemic shocks and building a stronger, more technologically advanced, and more inclusive economy. The discussion will be followed by an audience question and answer session. Register for the webinar.
ADBI-OECD-ILO Roundtable Explores Ways Forward for Labor Migration in Asia
Government officials and experts examined labor migration trends and management challenges amid the COVID-19 pandemic during the 11th ADBI-OECD-ILO Roundtable on Labor Migration in Asia on 7-8 April 2021. They exchanged experience and policy approaches for addressing labor mobility and social protection in the region. This includes recommendations pertaining to repatriation, housing and accommodation, and health considerations that could help international labor migration to build back better.
ADBI-ADB-University of Cambridge Assess Fintech’s COVID-19 Shock Mitigation, Inclusive Recovery Roles
Financial technology (fintech) development and ways to maximize its potential to sustain developing Asia’s households and small businesses through the pandemic were explored during a virtual conference on 31 March-1 April, co-hosted by ADBI, ADB, and Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance, University of Cambridge Judge Business School. Experts examined fintech opportunities to improve financial services access, cushion shocks, and close inequality gaps. They also gauged financial stability risks and regulatory challenges posed by fintech’s rapid development. View the webinar recording.
ADBI Advisory Council Commends Institute’s Adaptability, Recovery Focus
ADBI Advisory Council (AC) members praised ADBI’s adaptability and timely efforts to promote sustainable and inclusive COVID-19 recovery across Asia and the Pacific during their virtual meeting on 8 April. AC members expressed their support for ADBI’s strategic direction under Dean Tetsushi Sonobe and shared ideas for further enhancing ADBI’s research, capacity building, outreach, and synergy with ADB, amid the pandemic and beyond. They considered ADBI’s recent operations and work program, and the positive findings of a new results survey of ADBI stakeholders, conducted in coordination with ADB.
- Do persistent current account imbalances hamper regional and global growth?
- Transitioning to high-value agriculture through cluster-based development
- Revisiting green bond market development in Viet Nam
- Autonomous adaptation: Community approaches to coping with climate change
- Can closing borders shut out new COVID-19 strains?
- Achieving resilient emerging market economies amid the macroeconomic challenges of the 21st century
- Fintech development transforming the financial landscape in the People’s Republic of China
- International Symposium on Mainstreaming Quality of Life in Evaluation of Transport and Spatial Planning
- Webinar on Creative Economy for Sustainable Development: Potential, Challenges, and Ways Forward
- ADBI-Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Roundtable on Sanitation and Development
- ADBI Featured Speaker Webinar: Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas Governor Benjamin E. Diokno on Financial Digitalization and Inclusive COVID-19 Recovery
Labor Migration in Asia: Impacts of the COVID-19 Crisis and the Post-Pandemic Future
The COVID-19 pandemic has had an unprecedented impact on economies, businesses, and workers, and in Asia and many other regions, migrant workers have been among the most affected.
Developing Infrastructure in Central Asia: Impacts and Financing Mechanisms
Infrastructure development can give Central Asian economies an important boost for maintaining growth momentum, eradicating poverty, and addressing climate change.
- Developing Infrastructure in Central Asia: Impacts and Financing Mechanisms
- Enhancing SME Participation in Global Value Chains: Determinants, Challenges, and Policy Recommendations
- Spotlight on Japan’s “Johkasou” Sanitation System: A Model for Asia
- ADBI E-Learning Course on Governing Sustainable Finance
- T20 Italy 2021 Inception Conference Remarks by ADBI Dean Tetsushi Sonobe
- Leveraging SME Finance through Value Chains in CAREC Landlocked Countries
- How landlocked Central Asia could become a post-pandemic infrastructure financing leader
- How Asia can boost mask production and reignite its SME growth engine through trade
- Asia could lay the groundwork for a post-pandemic infrastructure boom through fairer land use
- Central Asia could be a model for advancing SME trade and inclusive recovery
- MSME digitalization could be the ticket to a speedy Asian recovery in 2021
- How to avoid the spiral of climate vulnerability and unsustainable debt