ADBI Webinar Series on the Economics of Climate Change: How to Climate-Proof Economies and Public Finances
SHARE THIS PAGE
Climate change poses a serious threat to development in climate-vulnerable countries, where the number and intensity of extreme weather events are increasing rapidly. In parallel, climate change mitigation and adaptation policies and the development of climate-friendly technology can lead to a rise in transition risks. These dynamics adversely affect economies and public finances through diverse transmission channels. Additionally, countries have a range of financial instruments and economic tools such as fiscal policies, budgeting, debt, financial regulatory framework etc. that will play an important role in promoting climate adaptation, a reduction in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and a more sustainable and resilient growth.
The ADBI Webinar Series on the Economics of Climate Change: How to Climate-Proof Economies and Public Finances will bring together experts from think tanks, international organizations, governments, and civil society to share their insights on the economics of climate change and how to climate-proof economies and public finances.
- Episode 1: Promoting Climate Adaptation with Fiscal Policies, 22 November 2023
- Episode 2: Identifying and Responding to Climate-Related Sovereign Risk, 7 December 2023
- Episode 3: Supporting Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction with Fiscal Policies, January 2023
- Episode 4: Implementing a Climate-Responsive Budgeting Process, February 2024
- Episode 5: Economic Tools to Stop Natural Capital Degradation, March 2024
- Episode 6: Using Budget Support to Build Climate Resilience, April 2024
- Episode 7: Putting Climate Disclosure at the Center of National Climate Strategies, May 2024
- Episode 8: Adapting Central Banks and Monetary Frameworks to Build Climate Financial Resilience, June 2024