Call for Papers: Aging in Asia
ADBI–Asian Growth Research Institute Joint Workshop on Aging in Asia
Kitakyushu City, Japan
15-16 November 2016
The Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI) and Asian Growth Research Institute (AGI) invite submissions of unpublished papers that focus on issues relating to aging in developing Asia. Both theoretical and empirical research papers with a policy orientation are welcome, provided the findings, conclusions, and policy recommendations are based on solid evidence and analysis. Manuscripts may focus on Asia as a whole, a group of countries, or individual economies.
ADBI or AGI will cover registration, flight, and hotel costs. Partial funding is being provided by the Japanese government under MEXT/JSPS KAKENHI Grant Number 15H01950. Selected papers from the workshop will be considered for publication in a special journal issue or an edited book volume.
Papers may deal with, but are not limited to, the following topics:
- Public and private pensions
- Long-term care and public and private long-term care insurance
- Health care and public and private health insurance
- Aging, the labor market, and human capital formation
- Deadline for submission of draft paper(s) or substantial abstract: 15 August 2016
- Decisions by Academic Committee on Submissions: 1 September 2016
- Workshop date: 15-16 November 2016