Call for Papers on Blue Economy, Ocean Tourism, and Sustainable Ocean Infrastructure
Blue Economy, Ocean Tourism, and Sustainable Ocean Infrastructure
Asian Development Bank Institute, Asia-Pacific Applied Economics Association, South Pacific Tourism Organization, Ocean Policy Research Institute, and Fiji National University
The Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI), Asia-Pacific Applied Economics Association (APAEA), South Pacific Tourism Organization (SPTO), Ocean Policy Research Institute (OPRI-SPF), and Fiji National University (FNU) will co-host a conference on the “Blue Economy, Ocean Tourism, and Sustainable Ocean Infrastructure” in Nadi, Fiji on 25-27 February 2020. The conference will convene policy makers and experts from Asia and the Pacific to examine ocean-related development, sustainability challenges, and policy solutions, with a special focus on ocean tourism.
ADBI and its conference partners are seeking applied and theoretical papers of practical policy relevance to be featured at the conference. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Ocean tourism and economic growth
- Ocean tourism and sustainable development
- Ocean tourism and small and medium-sized enterprises
- Ocean tourism and poverty alleviation
- Ocean tourism and the macroeconomy
- Forecasting ocean tourism
Contributors should submit their draft papers in English in Word via this link by 15 January 2020. At the site, authors will first need to register by creating an account. A copy of the paper should also be sent to [email protected].
Papers will be selected by 21 January 2020. Authors of selected papers will be required to register for the conference by 10 February 2020. There are no conference registration fees.
Transportation and Accommodation
One author per selected paper will have their economy class air travel and three nights of accommodation funded by ADBI. The author must be a citizen of an Asian Development Bank member country. Permission must also be granted to submit their paper to an SCCI journal, to be organized by APAEA, by signing a copyright transfer form.
Local Organizing/Scientific Committee
- Badri Narayan Rath, APAEA and Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad, India (Chair)
- Susan Sharma, APAEA and Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia (Co-Chair)
- Dinh Phan (APAEA, Latrobe University, Melbourne, Australia (Co-Chair)
- Naoyuki Yoshino, ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
- Peter Morgan, ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
- Farhad Taghizadeh-Hesary, Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan
- Elizabeth Ragimana, SPTO, Suva, Fiji
- Singh, Baljeet, University of the South Pacific, Suva, Fiji
- Keshmeer Makun, University of the South Pacific, Suva, Fiji
Questions may be directed to [email protected]