Call for Papers on Effective Greenhouse Gas Emission Control Policies
Effective Greenhouse Gas Emission Control Policies
Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI) and Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Many developing Asian countries are committed to greenhouse gas emission (GHG) reduction targets, or Nationally Determined Contributions, under the Paris Agreement on Climate Change. To achieve these targets, countries have started to plan and implement policies incentivizing emission reductions, such as carbon taxes and emission trading schemes. However, the effectiveness of emission policies in reducing fossil fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions is challenged by factors including policy design, energy prices, and, more recently, the COVID-19 crisis.
ADBI and ADB welcomes original, unpublished papers on the effectiveness of emission policies and ways to improve the design and implementation of such measures in developing economies in Asia and the Pacific. Selected papers will be featured during a related ADBI conference and considered for publication in a journal special issue or book.
Paper topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- The role of transparency and accountability in measuring and reporting GHG emissions
- Estimating the effectiveness of GHG emission policies
- Design and implementation of effective GHG emission policies
- Identification of factors affecting the effectiveness of GHG emission policies
- International cooperation pertaining to GHG emission policies
- Thematic studies or case studies of effective GHG emission reduction policies
Paper submissions should not be published, accepted for publication, or under consideration for publication elsewhere. Papers should adhere to the ADBI Guidelines for Authors.
Authors have the option to first submit an extended abstract of at least 1,000 words by 31 March 2021. Authors of selected abstracts will be notified by 15 April 2021. Those who do not submit an extended abstract are still eligible to submit a full draft paper.
All authors should submit their full draft papers by 31 May 2021. Authors of selected full draft papers will be notified by 30 June 2021.
Authors are requested to submit their extended abstracts and/or full draft papers by the above submission deadlines via this link.
Arrangements for Selected Papers
Authors of selected papers will be invited to present their work during the virtual conference on 25-27 August 2021.
Selected papers may be published in a journal special issue or book. Additional details will be announced at a later date.
Project Organizing Committee
- Peter Morgan, Vice Chair of Research, ADBI
- Dina Azhgaliyeva, Research Fellow, ADBI
- Ranjeeta Mishra, Project Consultant, ADBI
- Alfredo Bano Leal, Senior Energy Specialist, ADB and Adjunct Fellow, ADB Institute
- Zulfiya Suleimenova, Member Of Parliament, Mazhilis of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Inquiries may be directed to Dina Azhgaiyeva and Ranjeeta Mishra.