Call for Papers: Conference on Globalization, Development, and Economic and Financial Stability
Conference on Globalization, Development, and Economic and Financial Stability
Asian Development Bank Institute, Shenzhen Finance Institute, and Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Asian Development Bank Institute, Tokyo, Japan
11–12 December 2017
The Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI); the School of Management and Economics (SME) of Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen; and Shenzhen Finance Institute (SFI) are jointly sponsoring a conference on Globalization, Development, and Economic and Financial Stability. The conference will be held in Tokyo, Japan on 11–12 December 2017.
The conference aims to stimulate research ideas among academic researchers and policy makers in Asia and the rest of the world, and in particular to provide a high-quality exchange platform for academic researchers and policy makers to share their in-depth research and insights on global economic and finance issues, especially those related to the Asian economy.
Confirmed conference speakers include George Alessandria (University of Rochester), Mick Devereux (University of British Columbia), Kristin Forbes (MIT), Zhiguo He (University of Chicago, keynote), and Shang-Jin Wei (Columbia University, keynote).
ADBI will cover registration, flight, and hotel costs for one presenter of every accepted paper, who must be a citizen of an ADB member country. Selected papers from the conference will be considered for publication in either a special issue of the Journal of Money, Credit and Banking (JMCB) or in an edited book. Papers selected for publication in the special issue of the JMCB are subject to peer review, and the usual editorial standards of the JMCB will apply, although the usual submission fee will be waived. A lump-sum honorarium will be offered to authors whose papers are selected as part of a book to be published by the ADBI following the conference.
We welcome paper submissions in any field related to globalization, particularly those that are linked to the following topics:
- Globalization and economic growth
- Globalization and financial market development
- Globalization and economic stability
- Globalization and financial market stability
- Globalization and trade and capital flows
Any other topics related to the conference theme will also be considered.
Authors are invited to submit full papers together with brief bios to [email protected]. In the submission email, please indicate if the paper is to be considered for publication in (1) the JMCB special issue only or (2) the JMCB special issue or the conference book volume.
- Paper submission deadline: 15 October 2017
- Papers will be selected by the Organizing Committee, and authors may expect to be notified by 23 October 2017
- Peter Morgan, Asian Development Bank Institute
- Jian Wang, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen; and Shenzhen Finance Institute
- Kenneth West, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Bohui Zhang, UNSW Australia; Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen; and Shenzhen Finance Institute