Call for Papers: Human Capital Development for Inclusive Growth and Shared Prosperity
Human Capital Development for Inclusive Growth and Shared Prosperity
Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI) and South Western University of Finance and Economics
Chengdu, People’s Republic of China
18–19 July 2018
The Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI) and the South Western University of Finance and Economics are jointly sponsoring a conference on Human Capital Development for Inclusive Growth and Shared Prosperity, in Chengdu, People’s Republic of China, on 18–19 July 2018.
The conference aims to provide a high-quality exchange platform for academic researchers and policy makers to share in-depth research and insights on human capital development and policies to promote it, especially those related to developing Asian economies.
The organizers will cover registration, flight, and hotel costs for one presenter of every accepted paper. Presenters must be a citizen of an ADB member country. Papers presented at the conference will be considered for publication as ADBI working papers, refereed journal articles, and/or an edited book volume.
We welcome paper submissions in any field of human capital development, particularly those that are related to the following topics:
- Human capital development and poverty reduction: how educational and health disparities affect human capital development and poverty reduction, how access to education and health facilities helps moderate poverty, and how policy intervention can promote this process.
- Human capital development in the era of artificial intelligence: how human capital development contributes to innovations in the knowledge industry; how the rapid advance of digitalization, automation, and artificial intelligence is likely to change the future of jobs, wage inequality, and employment polarization; the skills and knowledge needed with the rapid advance of digitalization, automation and artificial intelligence; and policies that can promote appropriate human capital development in this environment.
- Other topics related to the conference theme, including human capital development for social mobility, income growth, and wealth accumulation can also be considered.
- Deadline for submission of papers: 31 May 2018
- Conference date: 18–19 July 2018
Authors are invited to submit the complete manuscripts together with brief bios to [email protected].
Papers will be selected by an organizing committee and authors are expected to be notified of the decision by 15 June 2018.
Organizing Committee (ordered alphabetically):
- Isaac Ehrlich, SUNY & UB Distinguished Professor of Economics, University of Buffalo School of Management
- Li Gan, Professor of Economics, Texas A&M University, and Director, China Household Finance Survey
- Bihong Huang, Research Fellow, Asian Development Bank Institute
- Peter Morgan, Senior Consulting Economist, Co-chair of Research Department, Asian Development Bank Institute