Call for Papers on Inclusive, Sustainable Recovery in Asia and the Pacific
Inclusive, Sustainable Recovery in Asia and the Pacific
Asian Development Bank Institute, Asian Development Bank
The COVID-19 pandemic threatens to undermine progress in raising living standards and eliminating poverty in Asia and the Pacific. The Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) invite submissions of original, unpublished papers that explore keys to the region’s inclusive and sustainable recovery. This includes empirical studies, survey articles, historical analyses, and policy-oriented research on related challenges and potential solutions.
Selected papers will be featured during the inaugural ADBI-ADB Asian Economic Development Conference on 14–15 July 2022, to be held in Tokyo or virtually. Keynote speakers will include experts such as Rema Hanna of Harvard University, Xin Meng of the Australian National University, and Yasuyuki Sawada of the University of Tokyo. Selected papers will also be considered for inclusion in a special issue of the Asian Development Review.
Topics of particular interest include, but are not limited to:
- Empowerment of women, ethnic minorities, and other underrepresented groups
- Shocks, poverty, and the role of social safety nets
- Jobs, income security, and social protection
- Addressing inequalities in accessing health, education, and social security
- Challenges faced by micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises
- Infrastructure investment to promote inclusive and sustainable development
- Effects of technology, including financial technology, on economic disparities
- Addressing disparities in education and human capital formation
- Approaches to closing the digital divide
- Agriculture development and food security
- Policies, structural changes, and financing that support low-carbon, sustainable growth
- Integrating climate change mitigation and resilience considerations into economic recovery plans
- Regional cooperation as a tool for inclusive and sustainable development
- Use of innovative data for inclusive and sustainable recovery
Authors should submit their full papers by 14 January 2022 via this link. Papers should include the authors’ affiliations and contact information.
Submissions will be evaluated in terms of originality, analytical rigor, and policy relevance for Asia and the Pacific.
Authors of accepted papers will be contacted by 15 March 2022. They will also have an opportunity to submit their papers for the Asian Development Review special issue, for which Xin Meng of the Australian National University will serve as guest editor.
Project Advisory Board
Asian Development Bank
- Joseph Zveglich, Jr.
- Shu Tian
- Gemma Estrada
Asian Development Bank Institute
- Tetsushi Sonobe
- Peter Morgan
- Daniel Suryadarma
Inquiries may be directed to Peter Morgan [email protected]