Call for Papers: Macroeconomic Shocks and Economic Growth in Asia
Workshop on Macroeconomic Shocks and Economic Growth in Asia
Asian Development Bank Institute, Tokyo, Japan
3-4 December 2015
The US is expected to normalize its monetary policy soon, with profound implications for global financial conditions and capital flows. Meanwhile, recovery in the EU and Japan remains unclear, suggesting a possible continuation of an accommodative monetary policy. The uneven recovery and monetary policy divergence in advanced economies creates significant uncertainty for developing Asia. The natural impact this has on economies depends on the strength of each and their policy frameworks, as well as the smoothness of the normalization process in advanced economies. The potential Greek default or a Greek exit from the Eurozone is another unforeseen event, which may increase any uncertainty in the global monetary system.
Against the above background, the Asian Development Bank Institute invites submission of unpublished papers on the topic of “Macroeconomic Shocks and Economic Growth in Asia.” We are looking for original unpublished research papers related to, although not limited to, the following topics:
- Impacts of the recent QE programs on Asia’s trade, capital flow, growth and competitiveness
- Risks stemming from possible monetary policy normalization in advanced economies
- Key challenges going forward of the monetary, exchange rate, trade and macro prudential policies of developing Asian economies
- Suggestions and recommendations (research evidence-based) for increasing resiliency against external shocks
- Spillover effects of the advanced economy monetary policy/monetary policy divergence/ uneven global economic recovery
ADBI will meet the travel and accommodation costs of one author per paper. Accepted papers will be considered for publication as an ADBI Working Paper, inclusion in a special issue of an SSCI journal, and/or as a chapter in an edited book volume.
- Deadline for submission of Abstracts/Draft Papers: 18 October 2015
- Deadline for submission of Complete Papers: 30 October 2015
- Workshop date: 3-4 December 2015
Abstracts/draft papers should be submitted to: Pornpinun Chantapacdepong, Research Fellow, [email protected]. Asian Development Bank Institute, Tokyo, Japan. www.adbi.org