Call for Papers: The Middle Income Trap in Asia
ADBI–CASS Workshop: The Middle Income Trap in Asia
12-13 December 2016
The Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI), collaborating with a number of institutions including the Chinese Academy of Social Science (CASS), invites submissions of unpublished papers that focus on the middle income trap in Asia. Both theoretical and empirical research papers with policy orientation are welcome provided that findings, conclusions, and policy recommendations are based on solid evidence and analysis. Manuscripts can focus on Asia as a whole, a group of countries, or individual economies.
Submission of papers dealing with but NOT limited to the following topics are welcome:
- Income inequality and the middle income trap
- Industrialization policies, innovation mechanisms and the middle income trap
- Financial risk and the middle income trap
- Demographics and the middle income trap
- Globalization and the middle income trap
- Labor market transformation and the middle income trap
ADBI will cover registration, flight, and hotel costs. Selected papers from the workshop will be considered for publication in an edited book volume.
- Deadline for submission of complete paper(s): 20 October 2016
- Decisions by academic committee on submissions: 5 November 2016
- Workshop date: 12–13 December 2016
Submissions should be emailed to: Bihong Huang, research fellow, [email protected]. Asian Development Bank Institute, Tokyo, Japan. www.adbi.org