Call for Papers: Public and Private Investment in Human Capital Intergenerational Transfers in Asia–Deadline extended
ADBI-AGI Joint Workshop: Public and Private Investment in Human Capital Intergenerational Transfers in Asia
Asian Growth Research Institute, Kitakyushu City, Japan
14-15 November 2017
The Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI) and the Asian Growth Research Institute (AGI) invite submissions of unpublished papers that focus on public and private investment in human capital and intergenerational transfers in Asia. Both theoretical and empirical research papers with a policy orientation are welcome provided the findings, conclusions, and policy recommendations are based on solid evidence and analysis. Manuscripts can focus on Asia as a whole, a group of countries, or individual economies.
ADBI or AGI will cover registration, flight, and hotel costs plus a small lump-sum payment for one presenter for each accepted paper. Partial funding is being provided by the Japanese government under MEXT/JSPS KAKENHI Grant Number 15H01950. All papers from the workshop will be published as ADBI working papers, and selected papers will be considered for publication in a special journal issue or an edited book volume.
Submission of papers dealing with, but not limited to, the following topics are welcome:
- Public investment in human capital
- Private investment in human capital
- Intergenerational transfers including bequests and inter vivos transfers
- The intergenerational propagation of inequality
- The impact of education and intergenerational transfers on inequality
- Deadline for submission of full paper(s): 31 August 2017
- Decisions by academic committee on submissions: 15 September 2017
- Workshop date: 14-15 November 2017