Call for Papers on Transport Infrastructure Development, Spillover Effects, and Quality of Life
Transport Infrastructure Development, Spillover Effects, and Quality of Life
Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI), Chubu University, and World Conference on Transport Research Society (SIG)
Hosted by Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI), Co-hosted by Chubu University Center for Sustainable Development and Global Smart City & WCTRS Special Interest Group on "High Speed Rail: Policy, Investment and Impacts", invites submissions of original, unpublished papers on the quality of life implications of high-speed rail (HSR) infrastructure, the spillover effects of HSR infrastructure, the evaluation of HSR projects and operations, and the governance of mega-infrastructure projects to be presented at a conference at Chubu University in Kasugai, Japan on 17-18 March 2020.
The objective of the conference is to share experiences on HSR projects and operations and highlight the effects of HSR projects on the economy, environment, society, and quality of life by introducing novel models and mechanisms that can replicate the positive effects in new projects. The conference will also examine the policy implications and lessons for countries with planned HSR projects, specifically focusing on innovative policy instruments for attracting private sector investment and enhancing the quality of life in the areas along these large-scale infrastructure projects.
Papers dealing with, but not limited to, the following topics are welcome:
- Wider impacts of transport infrastructure on the environment and society with a special focus on climate change
- Mechanisms to capture the spillover effects of transport infrastructure
- Studies on modal shift and market modelling to replicate the positive spillover effects of transport infrastructure
- Impacts of transport infrastructure on livability and quality of life
- Station and station area development and planning
- Construction technology and construction management for transport infrastructure
- Application of system dynamics in transport infrastructure development and management
Accepted papers will be considered for publication as ADBI working papers and in a forthcoming book.
Interested authors should submit an abstract of around 300 words as a Word document and containing a title and the authors’ names, affiliations, and contact information no later than 6 January 2020 to Shreyas Bharule ([email protected]) and Satoshi Miyazawa ([email protected]). Please use the subject title “ADBI-Chubu University: Transport Infrastructure and Quality of Life".
Authors whose papers have been selected will be notified by 15 January 2020.
Authors should refer to the Submission Guidelines for ADBI Publications in producing their full draft paper. Completed full papers should be submitted by 28 February 2020 to the two email contacts above.
The papers will be screened by the selection committee:
- Naoyuki Yoshino, Dean, Asian Development Bank Institute
- Yoshitsugu Hayashi, Professor, Chubu University and Former President, World Conference on Transport Research Society (WCTRS)
- KE Seetha Ram, Senior Consulting Specialist for Capacity Building and Training Projects, Asian Development Bank Institute and Visiting Professor, University of Tokyo
ADBI will cover the registration, flight, and hotel costs of one author from an ADB member country per selected paper to attend the conference in Kasugai on 17-18 March 2020.