Call for Papers: Urbanization in Asia: Economic and Social Consequences
Urbanization in Asia: Economic and Social Consequences
Seoul, Republic of Korea
15-16 December 2016
ADBI in cooperation with Sogang University invites submissions of unpublished papers on urbanization in Asia. Both applied research and policy oriented papers are welcome provided that findings, conclusions and policy recommendations are based on solid evidence.
Papers dealing with, but not limited to, the following topics are welcome:
- The relationship between urbanization, services and industrial relocation
- Determinants and impacts of urbanization on growth, environment, and inequality
- Urban and regional planning issues
- The role of government (e.g. infrastructure financing and public services)
- Urban-rural disparity, migration and remittances
- Employment, housing and land market issues
- Comparative urbanization in Asia
ADBI will cover registration, flight, and hotel costs of one author per paper. Presenters must be from ADB member countries. Accepted papers will be considered for publication as ADBI Working Papers and selected papers from the workshop as part of an edited book volume or in special issue of a leading academic journal.
- Deadline for Submission of extended abstract or full paper (6,000-10,000 words): 5 October 2016
- Decisions by Academic Committee: 10 October 2016
- Registration deadline: 15 October 2016
- Conference date: 15-16 December 2016
- Deadline for Submission of revised papers for publication: 20 January 2017
Submission of full papers (preferred) or extended abstracts are to be sent to: [email protected], Almas Heshmati (project leader), professor of economics, Sogang University, Seoul, Republic of Korea before 5 October 2016. Please provide an abstract of 200 words, a minimum of 3 keywords, affiliation, and e-mail address details on the cover page.