Call for Papers: Urbanization and Infrastructure in Asia
Workshop on Urbanization and Infrastructure in Asia
Beijing, People’s Republic of China (PRC）
16–17 June 2016
The Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI), in cooperation with the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC Project 71133004), the China Center for Human Capital and Labor Market Research (CHLR) at the Central University of Finance and Economics, and China Economic Review, invite submissions of unpublished papers that focus on urbanization and infrastructure in developing Asia. Both applied research and policy oriented papers are welcome provided that findings, conclusions, and policy recommendations are based on solid evidence and analysis. Manuscripts can focus on Asia as a whole, a group of countries or individual economies, preferably from the developing Asia and the Pacific region.
ADBI will meet the travel and accommodation costs of one author per selected paper to present at the workshop. Selected papers from the workshop will be considered for publication in a special issue of China Economic Review, or an edited book volume.
Submission of papers dealing with but not limited to the following topics are welcome:
- Drivers or determinants of urbanization, such as infrastructure and human capital
- Impacts of urbanization on growth, productivity, domestic consumption, human capital formation, and related topics
- The relationship between urbanization and crime, inequality/poverty, and the environment
- Urban systems and optimal city size
- Urbanization and infrastructure financing
- Other issues related to urbanization, e.g., migration, employment, remittances, and related topics
- Deadline for submission of Complete Paper(s): 1 April 2016
- Decisions by Academic Committee on Submissions: 15 April 2016
- Workshop date: 16–17 June 2016