Call for Papers: Water and Sanitation Insecurity in Asia
Water and Sanitation Insecurity in Asia
Asian Development Bank Institute, Tokyo
13-14 June 2018
The Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI) invites submissions of original unpublished papers on water and sanitation insecurity in Asia, to be published in a book. Selected papers will be presented at an authors’ workshop to be held in Singapore from 13-14 June 2018. Participation costs will be covered for one presenter of each accepted paper. Presenters must be a citizen of an ADB member country.
Water and sanitation insecurity seriously constrains agriculture, industrialization, and daily life in Asia and the Pacific. Under the work program of ADBI, this project will evaluate and analyze regional perspectives of water and sanitation insecurity and disasters in Asia.
Papers may deal with but not be limited to the following:
- Estimating the spillover effects of water and sanitation improvements such as the introduction of 24-hour piped water, sewerage networks, and non-sewered sanitation systems
- Identifying supply and demand gaps
- Identifying technical and institutional bottlenecks
- Analyzing market and nonmarket solutions
- Proposing steps to address water shortages and pollution by replicating and scaling up best-practice options
- Recommending policies to national and provincial leaders to address water and sanitation insecurity
Working title of the book: Water and Sanitation Insecurity in Asia
Water, sanitation, water policy, environment, economics, governance, institutional and capacity development
- Eduardo Araral, Vice Dean, Co-Director, and Associate Professor, Institute of Water Policy, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
- KE Seetha Ram, Visiting Professor, Center for Spatial Information Science, The University of Tokyo
- Naoyuki Yoshino, Dean, ADBI
Abstracts (300 words) must be submitted no later than 15 February 2018 as a Word document containing a title, name and affiliation of the author(s), contact information, and appropriate fields (JEL classifications). Only papers written in English will be considered. Authors of selected papers will be notified by 28 February 2018 or earlier. A full draft paper should be submitted by 06 April 2018. (Date and place of seminar will be announced later.)
Submissions with brief author bios (including key and/or relevant publications, if any) should be emailed to [email protected].