The online business session of the Board of Governors on 18 September 2020 is the second session following the first part held on 22 May. At the second session, the Governors considered the remaining agenda items and concluded the meeting.
Each year, the Business Session provides an opportunity for the Board of Governors (BOG) to consider the various items that are presented for its consideration, notation, and approval.
Specifically, the session allows for Governors to adopt resolutions, take note of and approve documents relative to the business, finance, administration, and operations of ADB, and for Governors to provide guidance and direction to the institution through Governors’ statements. It is also an opportunity for ADB President to report to Governors on progress since the previous meeting and to share ADB management’s key organizational messages with the Governors. While the Business Session is participated only by Governors and ADB President, it is open for public viewing and has been traditionally webcast live on ADB’s website.
- Brunei Darussalam
- Cook Islands
- Hong Kong, China
- Korea, Republic of
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao People's Democratic Republic
- New Zealand
- Nordic Members (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden)
- Pacific Developing Member Countries
- Papua New Guinea
- Sri Lanka
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Viet Nam
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in the Governors' statements do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of the Asian Development Bank. By making any designation of, or reference to, a particular territory or geographic area, the Asian Development Bank does not intend to make any judgments as to the legal or other status of any territory or area.
- Speech: A Steadfast Partner in Times of Uncertainty: ADB’s Support for Pandemic Response and Recovery in Asia and the Pacific- Masatsugu Asakawa
- News: ADB Vows to be Developing Asia's Partner for Recovery From COVID-19
- Video: ADB’s Continues Support for Asia and the Pacific’s Fight against COVID-19
- Participants of the Second Business Session [PDF]
- 53rd ADB Annual Meeting: First Business Session