What are the areas currently covered by ADB’s private sector operations?
- ADB currently prioritizes three areas: infrastructure, capital markets and agribusiness in its developing member countries (DMCs).
- ADB focuses on expanding access to finance, particularly among lower-income groups.
- ADB supports businesses that support climate change adaption or mitigation.
- ADB often works with financial intermediaries including banks, nonbank financial institutions, and private equity funds.
- The Trade Finance Program (TFP), help reduce the negative impact of the financial crisis on the most vulnerable countries, while furthering regional integration.
- In infrastructure ADB works in energy (including power), transport, telecommunications, water, and urban infrastructure.
- ADB also finances existing infrastructure projects for upgrading or expansion.
- In agribusiness sector, ADB supports farm input providers, crop and livestock producers, agri-processors, packaged food producers, storage and logistics providers, and food distributors.
- Manufacturing and services in the most vulnerable DMCs will also be looked at, though very selectively.