How can I become an individual ADB consultant?
Information for independent consultants
ADB engages individual consultants and consulting entities (firms, universities, NGOs, etc.) for a wide range of assignments. Individuals wishing to consult for ADB must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of an ADB member country
- Not be barred from working with ADB, World Bank or ADB’s member countries
- Not be a close family member (other than spouse) of an ADB employee
Additional criteria for government officials and civil servants
In addition to the above, government officials and civil servants must also meet all of the following criteria:
- Be on leave of absence without pay
- Not be hired by the agency they were working for immediately before going on leave
- Not create a conflict of interest through their ADB consulting work
- Search Projects and Tenders to see if there are consulting opportunities for which you are qualified. Browse tenders for individual consultants.
- Do you meet the criteria? Register as a consultant in ADB's Consultant Management System.
- Learn more about the Consultant Management System.
- How can my company consult for ADB? (Information for firms)
- What is the Consultant Management System?
- How can we improve our chances of securing an ADB-funded contract?