How does ADB support public-private partnerships (PPPs)?
ADB works with both public sector clients and private sector sponsors across a wide range of sectors covering economic and transport infrastructure, social infrastructure, energy, and renewables.
ADB provides the following PPP support
- development of PPP frameworks and enabling policies to facilitate increased private sector investment and participation in the development and operations of infrastructure assets
- institutional capacity building
- development of pathfinder or first-of-its-kind projects, helping in the project planning, investment, and structuring process
- transaction advisory services to both the public and private sector clients
- financing of projects (both public and private) using ADB’s various lending modalities, including guarantees and commercial cofinancing
Office of Public–Private Partnership
The Office of Public–Private Partnership (OPPP) coordinates and supports PPP-related activities in ADB. It provides transaction advisory services to developing member clients in order to develop bankable PPP projects. ADB has a dedicated team of experienced professionals and PPP specialists with backgrounds in financial and commercial advice, project finance lending, private equity, multilateral banks, and government services.
- Do you have examples of successful ADB-supported public-private partnerships?
- What are ADB’s transaction advisory services?