What are ADB’s departments and offices?
Budget, Personnel, and Management Systems Department (BPMSD)
Provides advice and services in budget, staff management, human resources, staff development, benefits, and compensation.
Central and West Asia Department (CWRD)
Covers operations in Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
- Office of the Director General, CWRD (CWOD)
- Energy Division, CWRD (CWEN)
- Environment, Natural Resources, and Agriculture Division, CWRD (CWER)
- Portfolio, Results, Safeguards and Social Sector Unit, CWRD (CWODPSS)
- Public Management, Financial Sector, and Trade Division, CWRD (CWPF)
- Regional Cooperation and Operations Coordination Division, CWRD (CWRC)
- Transport and Communications Division, CWRD (CWTC)
- Urban Development and Water Division, CWRD (CWUW)
- Afghanistan Resident Mission (AFRM)
- Armenia Resident Mission (ARRM)
- Azerbaijan Resident Mission (AZRM)
- Georgia Resident Mission (GRM)
- Kazakhstan Resident Mission (KARM)
- Kyrgyz Resident Mission (KYRM)
- Pakistan Resident Mission (PRM)
- Tajikistan Resident Mission (TJRM)
- Turkmenistan Resident Mission (TKRM)
- Uzbekistan Resident Mission (URM)
Controller's Department (CTL)
Maintains accounting policy and systems, prepares financial reports, and authorizes loan, technical assistance, grants, disbursements, and other payments.
Department of Communications (DOC)
Provides leadership, resources, and strategies for communicating with internal and external audiences.
East Asia Department (EARD)
Covers operations in the People's Republic of China; Hong Kong, China; Republic of Korea; Mongolia; and Taipei,China.
- Office of the Director General, EARD (EAOD)
- Energy Division, EARD (EAEN)
- Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Division, EARD (EAER)
- Public Management, Financial Sector, and Regional Cooperation Division, EARD (EAPF)
- Urban and Social Sectors Division, EARD (EASS)
- Transport and Communications Division, EARD (EATC)
- Mongolia Resident Mission (MNRM)
- PRC Resident Mission (PRCM)
Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department (ERCD)
Conducts rigorous data analysis and produces quarterly macroeconomic updates on developing Asia.
Independent Evaluation Department (IED)
Helps ADB continuously improve its development effectiveness and accountability.
Office of Administrative Services (OAS)
Provides administrative support to help management and staff enhance workplace effectiveness.
Office of Anticorruption and Integrity (OAI)
Point of contact for allegations of fraud or corruption pertaining to ADB-financed activities or staff members/consultants.
Office of Cofinancing Operations (OCO)
Acts as ADB's focal point for planning, promoting, and arranging cofinancing for ADB projects.
Office of Information Systems and Technology (OIST)
Manages ADB's automated information systems and telecommunications services.
Office of Public–Private Partnership (OPPP)
Responsible for coordinating and supporting ADB's public–private partnership operations, and for providing transaction advisory services.
Office of Risk Management (ORM)
Responsible for policy, system, and operational risk; credit risk assessment; credit portfolio monitoring; corporate recovery; and market and treasury risk.
Office of the Auditor General (OAG)
Undertakes financial, administrative, and information systems audits, assists external auditors.
Office of the Compliance Review Panel (OCRP)
Provides support to ADB's independent Compliance Review Panel which investigates ADB's compliance with its operational policies and procedures in project work.
Office of the General Counsel (OGC)
Handles all legal aspects of operations and activities, including providing legal advice.
Office of the Ombudsperson (OOMP)
Provides ADB staff with a confidential, impartial, off-the-record, and independent setting to discuss and resolve work related concerns and issues. Alerts Management to trends and concerns about the workplace that should be addressed.
Office of the Secretary (SEC)
Provides advice and counsel to ADB’s Board of Governors, Board of Directors, and management.
Office of the Special Project Facilitator (OSPF)
Responsible for actively responding to the concerns of people affected by ADB-assisted projects through fair, transparent, and consensus-based approaches.
Pacific Department (PARD)
Covers operations in Cook Islands, Republic of Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.
- Office of the Director General, PARD (PAOD)
- Transport, Energy and Natural Resources Division, PARD (PATE)
- Urban, Social Development, and Public Management Division, PARD (PAUS)
- Pacific Liaison and Coordination Office in Sydney, Australia (PLCO)
- Papua New Guinea Resident Mission (PNRM)
- Pacific Subregional Office in Suva, Fiji (SPSO)
- Timor-Leste Resident Mission (TLRM)
Procurement, Portfolio, and Financial Management Department (PPFD)
Responsible for planning, monitoring, and coordinating project processing and administration work programs, procurement reviews, and consultant recruitment.
- Office of the Director General, OSFMD (OSOD)
- Financial Management Unit, OSFMD (OSFM)
- Operations Management Unit, OSFMD (OSOM)
- Procurement Division 1 (OSP1)
- Procurement Division 2 (OSP2)
Private Sector Operations Department (PSOD)
Provides direct assistance to private sector projects with clear development impact.
- Office of the Director General, PSOD (OPSD)
- Private Sector Financial Institutions Division (PSFI)
- Infrastructure Finance Division 1 (PSIF1)
- Infrastructure Finance Division 2 (PSIF2)
- Private Sector Investment Funds and Special Initiatives Division (PSIS)
- Portfolio Management Division, PSOD (PSPM)
- Private Sector Transaction Support Division (PSTS)
South Asia Department (SARD)
Covers operations in Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, and Sri Lanka.
- Office of the Director General, SARD (SAOD)
- Portfolio, Results and Quality Control Unit, SAOD (SAOD-PR)
- Energy Division, SARD (SAEN)
- Environment, Natural Resources, and Agriculture Division, SARD (SAER)
- Human and Social Development Division, SARD (SAHS)
- Public Management, Financial Sector, and Trade Division, SARD (SAPF)
- Regional Cooperation and Operations Coordination Division, SARD (SARC)
- Transport and Communications Division, SARD (SATC)
- Urban Development and Water Division, SARD (SAUW)
- Bhutan Resident Mission (BHRM)
- Bangladesh Resident Mission (BRM)
- India Resident Mission (INRM)
- Nepal Resident Mission (NRM)
- SLRM Sri Lanka Resident Mission (SLRM)
Southeast Asia Department (SERD)
Covers operations in Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Viet Nam.
- Office of the Director General, SERD (SEOD)
- Energy Division, SERD (SEEN)
- Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Division, SERD (SEER)
- Human and Social Development Division, SERD (SEHS)
- Public Management, Financial Sector, and Trade Division, SERD (SEPF)
- Regional Cooperation and Operations Coordination Division, SERD (SERC)
- Transport and Communications Division, SERD (SETC)
- Urban Development and Water Division, SERD (SEUW)
- Cambodia Resident Mission (CARM)
- Indonesia Resident Mission (IRM)
- Lao Resident Mission (LRM)
- Myanmar Resident Mission (MYRM)
- Philippines Country Office (PHCO)
- Thailand Resident Mission (TRM)
- Viet Nam Resident Mission (VRM)
Strategy, Policy, and Review Department (SPD)
Strategic planning and direction; policy and operations coordination, and relations with the development community.
Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department (SDCC)
Provides leadership, innovation, and knowledge sharing for ADB's sector and thematic work.
- Office of the Director General, SDCC (SDOD)
- NGO and Civil Society Center (NGOC)
- Sector Advisory Service Division (SDAS)
- Agriculture, Rural Development and Food Security Unit, SDCC (SDCCAR)
- Knowledge Sharing and Services Center (SDCC-KS)
- Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management Division (SDCD)
- Environment and Safeguards Division, SDCC (SDES)
- Social Development, Governance and Gender Division (SDGG)
Treasury Department (TD)
Responsible for mobilizing funds for operations and planning, as well as managing ADB's finances.