What are ADB’s transaction advisory services?
ADB provides technical advice and assistance to promote investment of public and private capital for development purposes.
ADB's transaction advisory services (TAS) assist public and private sector clients in structuring and procuring viable projects, particularly public-private partnership projects. TAS can help guide the choice and design of a project, improve its quality, and enhance the acceptability to both ADB and other investors and/or lenders.
Who can avail of TAS?
ADB can provide TAS to governments and government agencies in developing member countries (DMC), as well as private sector entities and private sector project sponsors.
Forms of TAS
- Advice to DMC authorities in seeking and evaluating bids for build-operate-transfer or other public utility or infrastructure projects, and in negotiating with bidders for contracts for such projects.
- Advice to sponsors of large or complex private sector projects on their financial, technical, and environmental aspects.
- Assistance to private sector project sponsors or private sector entities in developing an appropriate financial structure for their projects and in mobilizing the required financing on suitable terms.
- Advice on, and assistance in, restructuring public or private enterprises, including through mergers and acquisitions or through commercialization.
- How does ADB support public-private partnerships (PPPs)?
- Do you have examples of successful ADB-supported public-private partnerships?
Need more help?
- Contact the Office of Markets Development and Public-Private Partnerships
- Request Information from ADB