The Department of External Relations (DER) at the Asian Development Bank (ADB) is responsible for providing a full suite of external relations services for the institution, including the production and marketing of external relations content. The Associate External Relations Coordinator will be a member of DER’s Content Team.
Key work areas will include: (i) coordination of external relations content generation, (ii) output tracking and monitoring, (iii) facilitation of content production and engagement of related services, including deployment of contractor/service providers, (iv) administrative activities for the assigned team and administrative support for two to three international staff within the team, (v) and contribution to editorial production.
Content generation, tracking and monitoring• Supports the production of various forms of content, including videos and other products, mainly by ensuring compliance with ADB administrative and procurement policies and procedures. • Coordinates and liaises across DER and with relevant departments and staff in the planning, preparation, marketing, and tracking of external relations content products.• Contributes to editorial production and news function support by drafting blurbs and feature stories, as required. • Prepares content for upload to the ADB corporate website and other digital channels, and supports the marketing of external relations content and products.• Drafts internal and external marketing materials for the team, as needed.• Participates in missions to generate external relations content, as needed.• Oversees the tracking and reporting of team outputs and deliverables.
Administrative Support• Assists in the planning, logistics, and preparation of content features and deployment of staff on assignment.• Drafts materials and provides logistical support for meetings and outreach.• Ensures effective coordination of supervisors’ schedules by maintaining their calendars and arranging appointments, meetings, travel, and accommodation as specified by the supervisors and in accordance with ADB procedures.• Ensures the team’s filing system and records are properly maintained and updated in accordance with existing framework for easy retrieval.• Performs other related duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor, and reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Application of Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Deals with routine queries and correspondence in accordance with procedures
- Proactively seeks relevant development opportunities and submits for approval
- Produces summaries and frameworks by collecting and analyzing diverse information
- Adjusts style and approach to respect and serve different clients
- Conveys messages by asking questions and using different approaches
- Identifies when a client issue requires escalation
- Responds to clients without prompts or reminders from senior colleagues
Achieving Results and Problem Solving
- Proposes solutions to minimize delays and setbacks in completing work
- Reviews all task objectives and achieves core deliverables
- Uses time management and organizational skills to promptly complete work to the required standard
- Delivers beyond the stated task objectives
- Consistently works effectively with individuals of different views, culture, nationality, gender, and age
- Consistently seeks assistance when requirements are unclear
- Provides timely updates on relevant information
- Freely shares and seeks useful knowledge and to complete work
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Uses effective written and oral communication in preparing documents, presentations and interactions
- Asks questions to understand how to follow up on feedback
- Locates relevant information to expedite workflow
Innovation and Change
- Adopts new policies, systems and processes in a timely fashion
- Shares ideas for how work can be completed more effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Management, Business Administration, or related field
Work experience• At least 5 years of relevant work experience.• Experience supporting the production of video, public relations, news, or related material would be an advantage.• International field production or logistics experience would be an advantage.
Technical knowledge• Proficient in Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, Power Point and other office applications.• Working knowledge of information technology including Web applications, content management systems, and design programs, would be a significant asset.• Excellent written and oral communication skills.• Superior organizational skills; able to handle numerous responsibilities simultaneously.• Familiarity with working in a structured, hierarchal, multinational organization is an asset.
People and leadership skills• Proactive with a strong can-do attitude.• Able to liaise and work effectively with colleagues from diverse cultures, across many time zones. • Able to quickly adapt to and authoritatively embrace ADB’s administrative procedures.• Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Supervisor: Designated International Staff and senior National Staff
We encourage diversity in our workplace and support an inclusive and respectful work environment.