Contribute to the strengthening and implementation of the necessary security and safety policies, programs and arrangements for the protection of ADB personnel, facilities and assets, including ADB official guests and visitors. Provide advice and responses to emergency security threat situations and extending assistance to ADB staff and dependents with a primary focus on ADB's field offices and mission travelers. Work within broad policies and objectives with supervision for unfamiliar or critical tasks.
Monitor and analyze the security and political situations in neighboring countries where ADB field offices (FO) are located, as well as in the Philippines, with a particular focus on areas outside of Manila.
Develop, institute, and manage appropriate safety and security policies and programs at the ADB's FOs.
Support ADB's security agreement with the United Nations (UN) to ensure compliance and accountability in accordance with the terms of the Memorandum of Understanding, and provide advice and assistance to FOs to meet the requirements of the agreement.
Provide timely and appropriate advice and responses to emergency security threat situations. Supervise and coordinate actions to provide continuing review and contingency planning to enable operations in areas affected by natural disasters, civil disorder, conflict and/or terrorist problems in FOs and also at HQ.
Disseminate appropriate and timely security and safety related information and advisories to staff and dependents.
Liaise with senior personnel and officials of security agencies of host governments, UN and other international organizations, embassies, as well as private security consultants and experts.
Contribute to the implementation of the program to continuously improve the physical security and efficiency of all ADB facilities.
Provide leadership and support to reporting staff.
Supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
Ensure the on-going learning and development of reporting staff.
Application of Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Regularly shares knowledge on new international best practice trends in comparator situations
- Proactively applies relevant international best practices to own work
- Convinces others to adopt international best practice by explaining the situational relevance and benefits
- Helps colleagues work effectively with clients in different contexts and from diverse backgrounds and country situations
- Adapts own approach and style when interacting with clients, as opposed to requiring them to adapt
- Draws upon international best practice in exploring solutions with clients
- Confirms the clients' understanding and agreement before progressing
Achieving Results and Problem Solving
- Draws on own and others' multi-country experience to identify viable courses of action when conducting analyses
- Helps internal and external clients achieve quality results beyond presenting problems and precedent
- Highlights possible solutions for project issues based on relevant multi-country and/or multi-client experience
- Regularly contributes insights and experiences to colleagues in the Division to help them achieve quality results
- Overcomes unexpected difficulties and challenges to produce desired outcomes
- Maintains collaborative relationships within the Department
- Works effectively with diverse colleagues in own and other Divisions and Departments
- Flexibly alters positions and adjusts previously stated points of view to support the group consensus
- Follows through on team priorities in the absence of a team leader
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Checks the audience's level of understanding and awareness of required follow up actions
- Consistently seeks and addresses feedback on own performance
- Creates knowledge products endorsed for wider distribution based on lessons and multi-country experience
- Independently amends and clarifies messages and documents
Innovation and Change
- Actively supports work improvement and/or organizational change by work and deed
- Develops and adopts change plans to support Division initiatives on which one works
- Considers current and future client needs in proposing ideas
- Vocalizes early support for change
- Recommends inputs to new policies, systems and processes in immediate work area
- University degree in Public or Business Administration, Political Science, International Law or related fields, preferably at post-graduate level or its equivalent.
Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level
At least 6 years of relevant experience in handling corporate security and liaison with government security services in a corporation, government organization or international institution
Demonstrated experience and exposure to the international security and government relations arenas and dealing with security and government relations related issues
Solid understanding of international security structures and practices, in particular, a good understanding of the UN and other international organization security structures would be highly preferred
Thorough understanding of the physical, technical and operational security best practices in the public and private sectors
Good understanding of political systems/government administration
Excellent interpersonal skills to liaise effectively with staff, ADB management, senior government officials and counterparts from other local and international organizations
Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and ability to develop consensus within a multicultural organizational work environment of diverse operational activities
Emotional maturity to understand the impact and sensitivity of security and safety issues
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
International experience working in several countries, with exposure at an ADB field mission highly preferred
- Supervisor: Advisor, OAS and Unit Head, OAOR
- The following staff positions may be supervised by the incumbent:
- Administrative Staff
- National Staff
We encourage diversity in our workplace and support an inclusive and respectful work environment. Women are especially encouraged to apply.