To assist the overall administrative, reporting and processing activities at the Secondary Disbursement Processing Center (SDPC), which will be located at Viet Nam Resident Mission (VRM), under the general guidance of an international staff supervisor in a specialized work area within ADB, ensuring that work objectives are accomplished in a timely and effective manner.
Independent contribution to the work by completing a variety of tasks assigned, covering all or a combination of the following functions:
Withdrawal Applications and TA Claims Processing at SDPC
Supervises i) the processing of withdrawal applications under ADB's sovereign loans and grants of Viet Nam and other nearby Southeast Asia Department countries' projects, which are financed from Ordinary Capital Resource, Special Funds Resources and other Sources, and ii) the processing of technical assistance (TA) claims for Viet Nam, by reviewing withdrawal applications and TA claims, ascertaining eligibility of expenditures, verifying completeness and correctness of the documentation and accuracy of computation, in order to ensure conformity with relevant legal provisions, policies and procedures.
Ensuring the Preparedness of Controller's Department's (CTL's) Organizational Resilience (OR)
Actively participates in the initiatives to enhance the preparedness of CTL's OR by assisting the International Staff at SDPC for OR, preparing/revising SDPC's OR plan under disruption, organizing and implementing the regular training for the key activities of CTL following the SDPC's OR plan, and providing suggestions for improvements of SDPC's OR plan.
Enhancement of Systems and Procedures
Actively participates in the initiatives to enhance systems and procedures for disbursement by providing suggestions for improvements and participating in user acceptance tests and other related activities.
Contributes to efficient discharge of disbursement function and facilitates project implementation by reviewing various loan/grant documents, undertaking research and analysis on specific disbursement issues, providing training as needed to RDs, EAs and RM staff on disbursement procedures, and performing review of project accounts as designated.
OthersPerforms other tasks as required, including supporting the SDPC set-up, close coordination with ADB HQ (CTLA), and provision of information requested by the internal/external clients, and preparation of external correspondence for review and approval by the International Staff
Application of Technical Knowledge and Skill
- Applies updated advancements in own knowledge area to relevant tasks
- Applies knowledge and practical skills to independently perform some complex tasks
- Conveys the need to use updated project approaches
- Delivers Divisional contributions across a variety of products and services to meet the needs of different clients
- Proposes options to clients that may better meet their needs than current approaches
- Defines and delivers to agreed standards with clients
Achieving Results and Problem Solving
- Conducts detailed research and analysis to determine appropriate methods for addressing the causes of issues
- Self-monitors achievement of results according to work plans
- Identifies different stakeholder needs and desired outcomes when planning for outcomes
- Independently solves problems and makes recommendations
- Maintains collaborative relationships within the Department
- Works effectively with diverse colleagues in own and other Divisions and Departments
- Flexibly alters positions and adjusts previously stated points of view to support the group consensus
- Follows through on team priorities in the absence of a team leader
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Checks with audience's level of understanding and awareness of required follow up actions
- Consistently seeks and addresses feedback on own performance
- Creates knowledge products endorsed for wider distribution
- Independently amends and clarifies messages and documents.
Innovation and Change
- Actively supports work improvement and/or organizational change by work and deed
- Develops and adopts change plans to support Division initiatives on which one works
- Considers current and future client needs in proposing ideas
- Vocalizes early support for change
- Recommends inputs to new policies, systems and processes in immediate work area
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, commerce or finance with Certified Public Accountant designation; preferably with advanced training.
Work ExperienceAt least 6 years combined work experiences in disbursement, project administration, or related work experience in accounting or auditing.
Technical KnowledgeIn-depth knowledge and understanding of ADB's operations, administrative and disbursement policies and procedures. Working knowledge of international banking transactions, particularly relating to letters of credit transactions.
Supervisory SkillsAbility to guide Administrative Staff and agency staff to deliver desired results with quality. Excellent command of oral and written communication skills in English. Ability to work collaboratively with teams as constructive team member.
Supervisor: Assistant Controller and/or designated International Staff at SDPC
We encourage diversity in our workplace and support an inclusive and respectful work environment. Women are especially encouraged to apply.