Conducts independent and objective audits and advisory services in the areas of sovereign development, financial, and administrative operations. Formulates audit strategies, approaches, and recommendations to improve efficiency, effectiveness and internal controls. Monitors implementation of recommendations. Works with broad policies and objectives, working directly with clients, with supervision for critical tasks.
- Conducts independent and objective audits and reviews of business processes and internal control systems, with emphasis on sovereign development operations, finance and administration.
- Formulates risk-based audit plans, conducts interviews, obtains and analyzes all relevant data and information.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and reliability of processes.
- Formulates findings and recommendations, and follows through on resulting recommendations.
- Maintains high quality working papers and audit reports that are thorough, accurate, and timely.
- Assesses compliance with established rules and regulations, policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Monitors, follows-up, and reports on the status of implementation of recommendations resulting from audits.
- Provides advisory services to help improve efficiency, effectiveness, and internal controls of business processes of clients.
- Contributes to formulating possible solutions to root causes of problems.
Continuous Improvement and Knowledge Sharing
- Contributes to continuous improvement efforts in OAG and implementing best practices.
- Shares knowledge and participates in interdepartmental task forces/working groups as assigned.
- Supervises the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
- Ensures the on-going learning and development of reporting staff.
Application of Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Regularly shares knowledge on new international best practice trends in comparator situations
- Proactively applies relevant international best practices to own work
- Convinces others to adopt international best practice by explaining the situational relevance and benefits
- Helps colleagues work effectively with clients in different contexts and from diverse backgrounds and country situations
- Adapts own approach and style when interacting with clients, as opposed to requiring them to adapt
- Draws upon international best practice in exploring solutions with clients
- Confirms the clients' understanding and agreement before progressing
Achieving Results and Problem Solving
- Draws on own and others' multi-country experience to identify viable courses of action when conducting analyses
- Helps internal and external clients achieve quality results beyond presenting problems and precedent
- Highlights possible solutions for project issues based on relevant multi-country and/or multi-client experience
- Regularly contributes insights and experiences to colleagues in the Division to help them achieve quality results
- Overcomes unexpected difficulties and challenges to produce desired outcomes
- Maintains collaborative relationships within the Department
- Works effectively with diverse colleagues in own and other Divisions and Departments
- Flexibly alters positions and adjusts previously stated points of view to support the group consensus
- Follows through on team priorities in the absence of a team leader
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Checks the audience's level of understanding and awareness of required follow up actions
- Consistently seeks and addresses feedback on own performance
- Creates knowledge products endorsed for wider distribution based on lessons and multi-country experience
- Independently amends and clarifies messages and documents
Innovation and Change
- Actively supports work improvement and/or organizational change by work and deed
- Develops and adopts change plans to support Division initiatives on which one works
- Considers current and future client needs in proposing ideas
- Vocalizes early support for change
- Recommends inputs to new policies, systems and processes in immediate work area
- Master's Degree, or equivalent, in Business Administration, Accounting or related fields. University degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master's degree.
- Professional qualification as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA); or Certified Public Accountant (CPA); or equivalent is preferred.
- At least 8 years of professional experience and technical competence in auditing, accounting, or finance.
- Multilateral development bank audit experience is preferred
- Experience in auditing sovereign operations is preferred
- Superior analytical skills, sound judgment, fairness, and discretion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- International experience working in several countries
- Supervisor: Assistant Auditor General
- The following staff positions may be supervised by the incumbent:
- Administrative Staff
- National Staff
We encourage diversity in our workplace and support an inclusive and respectful work environment. Women are especially encouraged to apply.