This is a re-advertisement. Applications received in response to previous posting will be considered together with applications received in response to this advertisement. Previous applicants need not apply.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB's mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB's main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 member countries.
The position is assigned in the Development Economics and Indicators Division (ERDI) within the Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department (ERCD). ERCD undertakes policy research to foster economic and social development. ERDI undertakes development policy research, support statistical capacity building in ADB member economies, participate in international statistics initiatives, develop and maintain statistical databases on member economies, and provide statistical data support to other departments within ADB.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Economics and Statistics Analyst position is primarily responsible in providing administrative and technical support for economic and statistical analysis, prepare and produce publications and reports, administer technical assistance projects in developing member countries (DMCs), and assist in the management of the Division's statistical database system (SDBS).
- Contributes to the efficient conduct of economic, statistical, and econometric research covering topics such as infrastructure, urbanization and poverty, preparing research papers, providing support in performing econometric/statistical analysis using various methods and statistical software and, providing ADB-wide statistical services by compiling, assimilating, and analyzing data from different sources.
- Contributes to the effective management of the Division's SDBS by assisting the designated database administrator in the periodic review of classification codes and maintenance of the data schema and reviews and gathers/extracts relevant data from statistical publications, electronic databases, offices and agencies. Regularly updates all systems data.
- Assists in the administration of technical assistance to ADB's DMCs.
- Contributes to the timely completion and accurate preparation of publications/reports by updating, editing, and proofreading documents and statistics in the Division's reports and documents, and ADB's economic and statistical publications.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the position's immediate supervisor, specialist, and/or Director.
Relevant Experience and Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in the field of economics/statistics, preferably in official statistics.
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of statistics, micro and macroeconomics, econometrics and statistical methods, including economic trends and indicators for research.
- Demonstrated experience in analysis of household and enterprise survey data.
- Excellent knowledge in the use of statistical packages/software such as STATA, and spreadsheet functions for the manipulation and analysis of data.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work collaboratively within teams as constructive team member
Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Level 6
General ConsiderationsThe selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of ADB member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.